Hypersprint topic

Buggy Specific

Postby Tony » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:55 am

OK, I never saw it as a hexagon on wheels.
I sort of missed that.
I designed the Hypersprint on my Brother in laws computer while on holiday in NZ years ago.
He was working for Ford at the time as head of their computer department & "borrowed" a high end PC for a couple of weeks.
I happened to be traveling with a copy of Solidworks & my backup files.
(I knew I would get bored).
It developed over the years & the first versions of the PIRCV rear end were actually from the last of the Hypersprints that were produced.
Paul Morris, Crompton & Robbie Boldger purchased Hypersprint kitsets, but they were earlier versions & not quiet as good as the last of the series which had the 930 CV rears.

The Hypersprint was excellent for rough road rally type driving, but not really a buggy for getting air.
High speed cornering is where it shinned.
"There can't be a practical reason for believing in what isn't true" – Sir Bertrand Russell.
Tony
Administrator

Postby Stevo the Devo » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:04 am

Beautifull bigfella. I love to hear a bit of history. This was a well designed buggy.
Your right, It doesnt handle massive jumps as tracy found out when he cracked his sump on Saturday just gone.
BUT. This does have rally blood and can be refined. Is it possible, just maybe you can have a look at redesigning this model, (And don't say " Buy the Cuda " ) to encorporate heavy rally cross arms and suspension?

We don't want to turn this sport into a single chassis catagory,
Some say Yeah, Some Say Nah, But the majority says " thats Just Devo"
Stevo the Devo
Registered Member

Postby Tony » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:10 am

Yep.
A pushrod "next generation Hypersprint" buggy is on the agenda.
But like everything else all the other stuff has to be done first.
Ho, Hum.
"There can't be a practical reason for believing in what isn't true" – Sir Bertrand Russell.
Tony
Administrator

Postby Stevo the Devo » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:15 am

Do you mean like a turbo/non turbo 4? because thats getting serious. MAkes a pirahna seem..., well pretty light actually.
To be honest, I'm not sure where your heading.
Some say Yeah, Some Say Nah, But the majority says " thats Just Devo"
Stevo the Devo
Registered Member

Postby rossco » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:19 am

So this type of setup would kick arse on gravel surfaces such as Northam for example?
Honda XLV650 Piranha
Pist'n Broke Racing
rossco
Trax II

Postby sloky » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:28 am

mm next gen hypersprint sounds like a good idea to me
speed thrills
sloky
Trax II

Re: Hypersprint topic

Postby horse » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:19 pm

BRING BACK THE HYPERSPRINT PUT WHAT PRICE NEEDS TO BE PUT ON THEM IF THERE EXSPENSIVE AND PEOPLE WANT TO BUY THEM THEN SO BE IT AT LEAST THE OPTION IS STILL THERE CAUSE IN ALOT OF PEOPLES EYES THEY ARE BYE FAR A BETTER MACHINE IN LOOKS AND DESIGHN ON DIFFRENT SURFACES AND FOR DIFFRENT USES SOMETHING SUCH AS THIS SHOULD NOT JUST BE SCRAPPED AND FORGOTTEN ABOUT BECAUSE I NO ALOT OF FRIENDS WHO IF THE OPTION WAS THERE AND THE SHOWROOM HAD A BRAND NEW BARRACUDA AND A NEW HYPERSPRINT THE CHOICE WOULD BE EASY LOL ESPECIALLY SEEING THEM NEXT TO EACH OTHER ONCE SPENDING THIS SORT OF MONEY ON A BUGGY WE WOULD RATHER SPEND MORE AND GET THE ONE WE WANT I AM SPEAKING FOR A GROUP OF FIVE MATES WE LIVE IN PORT HEADLAND AND HAVE BEEN THREW THE SITE WE WANT HYPERSPRINTS BUT CANT FIND ENOUGH OF THEM SECOND HAND AND READING THE SITE U DONT SELL THEM THE REST OF THE BUGGYS DONT INTEREST US
horse
Registered Member

Previous

Return to Hypersprint