daphne's trax3 build

Buggy Specific

daphne's trax3 build

Postby kenrox » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:36 am

my daugther daphne (yep the mythological daphe) is a different breed. 8 yrs old. finished 40 novels; loves music and dancing and playing piano and is just as a speed freak as i am. (genetics? yep we share the same look and hair)
so since i'm trying to build a busa-cuda in my garage; and we have several bikes and buggies and share some crazy stories as father and child;
she now has has this understanding that anything that looks and is a funny car (in her senses) can be built in the garage in magical ways with some machinery stuff.
and now she wants one (while chanting "buggy buggy buggy") and "(buggy plans buggy plans) (i wish you could upload vids in here)
anyways; trax3 was a good choice; and we were on esiplans site and was browsing
and she said "i like this one' (trax3)... and i said ok should we do it in pink..
and the suprising answer came; "it's also cool in green it can be green" (fell in love)
that great, ok, lovely;
but the problem is; when you have your own build/project; you can procrastinate anytime,anywhere,anyhow...take your time, get easy, relax and do it as you like;
but when an 8 yrs old midget has a project and it's winter time; you have to deliver; cause the very next morning you'll be questioned about your very duties about being their fathers :P
the challenge is on, the work muzz be done; timeline is strict and the sword of damocles's is swingin upon you.

well so far so good; trax3 is not as easy as it looks. it has it's own style (which is pretty), has it's own tricks, ups (ok to go) and downs (challenging) and so on...
since i have to deliver. when she was asleep i was on the go.

first; the plans. the plans are different to the like of the cuda and x2. much improvised and modern and new. just kudos.
sec; to understand the name of the game; i had to draw an visualize them (renderings are a top priority or else you'll face or walk the death :P )
3rd: it's a good practice to practice and hone your cad skills and understand the ins and outs of the build and where to be mindful and fearful of.
so late night past 2; i began to study and draw the plans in 'muzz do and deliver" mode and fashion.

now that i'm obliged; here are the first results. and still there's a too much to be done till the sun goes out again... here we go (gott hilf mir uns) (agnostic btw)

Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (184.49 KiB) Viewed 1026 times

oh god this is hard...
please help :)
much love
deth ;P
kenrox
Registered Member

Re: daphne's trax3 build

Postby kenrox » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:33 am

more work done :)
trax_more.jpg
trax_more.jpg (205.43 KiB) Viewed 1012 times

and because i have this (space mouse). i can work extremely fast and efficient at times.(when 3d) love that stuff.
space_mouse.jpg
space_mouse.jpg (208.92 KiB) Viewed 1012 times

and this the desktop. love it (mechanical keyboard yep) :)
desk.jpg
desk.jpg (207.93 KiB) Viewed 1012 times
kenrox
Registered Member

Postby kenrox » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:45 pm

well she had to see it in pink and there it is in pink. yes the front rollbars are a little(!!?^+) off and the quick release steering is a bit ridiculous and big and the tires and the wrong way but hey it works! ( for an 8 year old :)
def_trax.b.06.jpg
def_trax.b.06.jpg (100.75 KiB) Viewed 989 times

now next stop; because there was an accident at a karting track in here where a poor girls hairs stuck to the torque converter. and because the midget daphne has long hair (rapunzel (tangled). there has a be a firewall between the seat and the engine.
and then the there must be body panels front and back and the sides and those body panels has to have some fictional characters on it (winx, power-rangers, monsters high and etc. she's not decided yet)
it's already proven to be a hard project but hey somebody has to do it. and glad edge prices on trax items is very very very good. it's a relief.

if you want to finish your projects on time just employ your children as project managers :) it works
Last edited by kenrox on Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kenrox
Registered Member

Postby Tony » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:24 pm

With your impressive CAD skills you should be running The Edge Products Kenrox !!
Looks awesome with the big wheels.
"There can't be a practical reason for believing in what isn't true" – Sir Bertrand Russell.
Tony
Administrator

Postby kenrox » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:42 pm

Tony wrote:With your impressive CAD skills you should be running The Edge Products Kenrox !!
Looks awesome with the big wheels.

well i've come long way in 6-7 years. (the laser files :D). making plastic injection mold drawings and cam is just simpler but this is a different beast.
and since even reproducing your drawings is way too challenging not even mentioning the design itself; i have to refuse your order :P (maybe we can re-negotiate the price)
and the more i draw the less i understand the logic behind it :D
kenrox
Registered Member

Postby kenrox » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:25 am

rear drive, steering, pedals and axles done. :) (lot of work to be done but that's enough i think) (though needs a little more contrast)
and check out the contrast cut pink wheels. blingggg :D
def_trax.b.07.jpg
def_trax.b.07.jpg (124.58 KiB) Viewed 977 times

def_trax.b.07_1.jpg
def_trax.b.07_1.jpg (122.3 KiB) Viewed 977 times

monday to do : make list of parts to order from the edge. and begin building this thing :D
kenrox
Registered Member

Postby Corza19 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:21 pm

Looking good mate!
"Drop a gear and disappear"
Corza19
Trax II

Postby kenrox » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:51 pm

Corza19 wrote:Looking good mate!

thanx. the problem with renders is that you have to deliver otherwise you're cooked :D i loved the contrast cut pink wheels but now i have to find contrast cut pink wheels or make some contrast cuts myself. that's three 'contrast cuts' in one sentence :)
kenrox
Registered Member

Postby kelvin02 » Fri May 19, 2017 12:52 pm

Would love to see the final result of this build!
kelvin02
Registered Member

Postby kenrox » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:51 pm

well because of the political turmoil in turkey and extreme cold weathers i've lost quite a time and interest on my projects.
now motivation is back. the weather is fine. the midget is fine and on literature and pokemon go.

so there is some progress. the chassis base! how about that .)
trax_chassis_base.jpg
trax_chassis_base.jpg (227.93 KiB) Viewed 584 times

and some precision work :P just 0.9 off from the original design.
trax_qc.jpg
trax_qc.jpg (174.96 KiB) Viewed 584 times

other chassis components like the steering kit and the seat and the cvt comet drive and drive shafts will be on order from the edge products very very soon. as the prices are much more feasible than trying to make them. and are in exact dimensions.

so next step is will be the engine.
kenrox
Registered Member

Return to Raven / Fun Kart III / Trax II