Sandblasting in Sydney

Discuss all your finishing techniques here!
From powder coating to air brushing!

Sandblasting in Sydney

Postby Beelzeboss » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:22 am

Does anyone know of a cheap place to get my buggy and suspension parts sandblasted?
Beelzeboss
Trax II

Postby Ron » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:33 pm

Got my buggy and stuff done thru Stripco at milperra,they have sandblasting facilities and powdercoating in the one building,saves you transporting to another place after blasting etc.But if your after a place that maybe closer is in brookvale,see Dean from brookvale powdercoating,he doesnt do blasting but there is a bloke in the next street that does.Ive had a few things done by Dean and he does good work tell him I sent you and he'll look after you.
Ron
Trax II

Postby Beelzeboss » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:44 pm

Cool, thanks Ron.

I will be painting with a really tough urethane paint and can't face the prospect of stripping all the factory blue paint from the steel. Hoping to get it blasted cheaply and then I can just paint it straight on, no need to use the etching primer stuff.
Beelzeboss
Trax II

Postby c-e-l » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:46 am

Hey andrew I googled "sand blasting sydney" and a truck load came up.. Lots of mobile blasters as well.. They come to you!!

Cheers...
Chris...........
c-e-l
Raven

Postby Ron » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:49 am

Howd you go with the powder coating?Id give the buggy some good test runs then when all is good then put some colour on.ron
Ron
Trax II

Postby Beelzeboss » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:56 am

Cheers Ron, that's what I'll be doing. I'm not powdercoating, however, just painting it:
http://www.kbs-coatings.com.au/

The stuff looks REALLY good, I hope it stands up to the beating a buggy can take. *Apparently* it can survive quite some time in a sandblasting machine without taking off the paint...
Beelzeboss
Trax II

Return to Finishing & Detailing