What happened to the Hypersprint?

Buggy Specific

What happened to the Hypersprint?

Postby Bluezone » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:15 pm

What happened to the Hypersprint. Its just like gone off the site and you cannot get the plans.

I seen the info about it in my plans i just got off Tony for the Daul a arm rear.

Would think thay would still have the plans on the site for people to build if thay wanted to. The shock setup looks cool.

Or even if thay had the hypersprint plans for free as a download. That be cool. :)
Bluezone
Piranha

Postby Tony » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:41 pm

The Hypersprint was superceeded by the Barracuda.
Both buggies were in a similar price bracket, but because the Barracuda is a newer design with new ideas it made the Hypersprint obsolete.

The Hypersprint plans did not cover the front & rear suspension which was an Edge part/assembly.

The Barracuda is lighter, stronger, more suspension travel etc.
"There can't be a practical reason for believing in what isn't true" – Sir Bertrand Russell.
Tony
Administrator

Postby Bluezone » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:34 pm

ohok. so you would had to buy the front and rear suspension kits and build the rest. Yeh the Barracuda looks nice in sum ways.

Off the hypersprint topic. Was thinking it would be nice to have a file thats got the plates in it that have to be laser cut for the likes of the double a arm rear. Would be nice to have the file sent with the plans when sumone buys the plans off you. Would make it way easyer and faster for people to get costs on getting the plates cut and quotes, Plus it it cut and not have to worry about designing the plates up in a program. But i gess for people that use and no how to use cad programs its easy to design them up. Even if you charged like $5 xtra to have the cd with the files on it for the laser cut plates.

Just a idea. :)
Bluezone
Piranha

Postby sh0rty77 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:21 am

also would be faster and easier for people to not pay for plans and just d/l them of the net for free, so the edge goes bust and we can all go back to driving beat up old cars that handle like pigs and slow as sloths.
Im a Mountain Man, I like Mountai'N' Women
VFR750 Piranha for sale.
sh0rty77
Trax II

Postby Bluezone » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:53 am

sh0rty77 wrote:also would be faster and easier for people to not pay for plans and just d/l them of the net for free, so the edge goes bust and we can all go back to driving beat up old cars that handle like pigs and slow as sloths.

LOL crackup, Sloths. Think of the sloth of ice age. :)

Also have a look at this thing: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 318894.htm
Bluezone
Piranha

Postby Bluezone » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:17 pm

Tru yeh Tony will have the Cad designs for the plates for laser cutting but I gess he dont want to do it because or people emailing and P2P sending the file.

Looks like i have sum designing work to do then. :) rear plates to get laser cut.
Bluezone
Piranha

Postby buggyboy » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:25 pm

Bluezone wrote:
sh0rty77 wrote:also would be faster and easier for people to not pay for plans and just d/l them of the net for free, so the edge goes bust and we can all go back to driving beat up old cars that handle like pigs and slow as sloths.

LOL crackup, Sloths. Think of the sloth of ice age. :)

Also have a look at this thing: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 318894.htm

Thats a pretty sweet ride right there. :lol:
buggyboy
Trax II

Postby sloky » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:18 pm

lol sure is (not)
speed thrills
sloky
Trax II

Postby The Architect » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:22 pm

probs go allright on a skidpan...hahaha...hmmmm maybe i should put some road tires on my winder, drop the suspension and see what happens...
no one cares mate
The Architect
Piranha

Postby Bluezone » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:34 pm

lol yeh burnout buggy. Dropit to the ground. cheap low rider. :)
Bluezone
Piranha

Return to Hypersprint