C.A.M.S. and the Hypersprint Frame

Buggy Specific

C.A.M.S. and the Hypersprint Frame

Postby andrewm » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:06 am

Hi, Andrewm from down in sunny Hobart Tasmania (not). Has anyone tried getting a cams log book for there Hypersprint.
There seems to be a considerable difference between cams frame requirements and the actual buggy plans.
Also the advertised weight of the hypersprint is 350kg, what makes up this weight?does this include an engine.
My motor is a 1987 cbr 1000 which after nearly smashing my good wifes bathroom scales I found weighs 90kg. Myself weighs 92kg.
Using the one steel mass book I see that the rhs components of the edge frame when replaced with cams approved material is only about 5kg heavier overall.
Cams require a minimum of 40 by 40 by 2.5 rhs for chasis etc does this mean that the 50by25 and 75by25 is to small.
Any assiatance in this area would be really welcome.
andrewm
Registered Member

Postby Jet » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:52 am

If you can get your hands on the log book, could you please send a Copy to us? I’m pretty sure it hasn't been released yet. It better be coming. We have been waiting for what feels Years. Cheers

Phil
Western Desert Superlites Association.
Jet
Barracuda

Postby Dramatica » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:03 pm

Jet, the CAMS Logbook is a different thing to the Specifications that you are refering to.
Dramatica
Administrator

Postby andrewm » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:23 pm

Thats correct, the log book is a document that when approved allows that vehicle to participate in cams sanctioned events. A compliance document if you like.
If you want the regs for building an offroad buggy to cams specs go to the cams web site and you can download the details, basically nothing smaller than 38 cds and or 40 x40 rhs 2.5mm. It is quite involved, for obvious reasons i suppose!
andrewm
Registered Member

Postby Tony » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:38 pm

You would be better to build the Barracuda if you are wanting to go racing.
It has better suspension travel, better handling, better stability & the chassis would be more compliant to CAMS.
All you would have to do is upgrade the chassis material to 38.1x2.6 CDS tube.
"There can't be a practical reason for believing in what isn't true" – Sir Bertrand Russell.
Tony
Administrator

Return to Hypersprint