Secret Men's Business!

All the latest news and chat about WASA

Moderator: Jet

Secret Men's Business!

Postby oddy59 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:22 am

Secret Men's Business!
Well, had a ball today! Met up again with Ian (finggers) n Nick(?) :lol:
What a great couple of geniuine blokes they are! They could NOT be more helpful, if they tried! We are lucky to have them in our club!They took me around to the track area, and I like it! Needs a bit of a busy bee, but a lot of potential there. Undulating land,a bit rocky in places, but nothing we all can't sort out. Roughly about 3-4 times the size of Northam track, to give you an idea. The gravel pit area is good for jumps and maybe a cross-over area. Room for the clubhouse,camping,BEER GARDEN! :wink: and dunny area for the non-standing species :shock: :lol: I can get 2x 23ltr Post mix U-Brewit kegs for about $70 for both, plus have Cold Plate and gas setup to go! 8) Happy Days!
Once the weather gets a bit better, we all need to pitch in!
Organise a weekend for all who are committed to join up and meet there to start the clean up and track design TOGETHER,etc! With all our pooled resources, I can't see why we will not be successful!
Here's a couple of in-car pics to see, while I upload the all important vids! Starring, non other than Ian(finggers) Buggy Land Whore! :lol: and jumps by the Baz-kids,Bevan n Kelly.

oddy59
Piranha

Postby Camel » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:17 am

Baz,

why were all the photos taken at speed from within the car? Where you being shot at by farmers for tresspassing on their land?

Nah, seriously, this is a great initiative and one I'm keen to get involved in.

I'll even bring my beloved Grey Fergy, (complete with TPL bucket).

It's a great machine but handles like the 1951 vintage she is! So no, I won't be jumping her across the saddle jumps.

Camel
Camel
Piranha

Postby oddy59 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:51 am

Hey Camel, those pics were just shots we took in-car while we were driving up to Ian's.Not very good tho! With all the past rains we've had, the crountryside has transformed from browns n greys, into sea's of varying green's,pasture's of brilliant yellows( I think Canola crops)absolutely glowing in the late arvo sunshine. But could'nt capture it, with obstructing trees and bad cloudcover timing.Also the sounds of all the birdlife,cockies, etc :D
I mucked up a few of my vids. The first is a long one,from when we leave the main farm n house area, to drive to the track,and the rest are of the track, n jumps,then driving back to the homestead, via the Gabalong gravel rd. Nice to experience the countryside again,and the hospitality of a couple of genuine country blokes. Different to city people, as they are not influenced by advertising crap, and ATTITUDE! :D Hopefully, this WILL become a "Good Thing" for all of us. 8)
Anyway, here's the first vid, hope you like it...Baz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7ZObF8kHTA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeFsOWvW3a0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqflFwgXzeM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2lSunKkMnk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qCsp09bLFs
oddy59
Piranha

Postby oddy59 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:27 am

Well, that's all the vids done.
Now, who's in?
Can you please register your name here, so we know who and the numbers. Also might be good idea to list what each of us can offer in the way of support, machinery,tools,special skills etc.
One thing I think we need is some ol reinforcing mesh sheets, to drag around the track,also pieces of ol railway line or similar.
oddy59
Piranha

Postby Stevo » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:07 am

Count me in Baz.
Also might be good idea to list what each of us can offer in the way of support, machinery,tools,special skills etc.

I can wiggle both my ears. :lol:
Stevo
Trax II

Postby Jet » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:17 am

Count me in, with a Posi-track.

Baz we wont neeed reinforcing mesh sheets, Trust me when i say i have that side of things covered, i've got what we need to build the track, we just need people to do the other little stuff like tyre's etc.

Jack said his got access to two bobcats, that can be handy for the mass stuff, and the posi-track can get the precise stuff done with the Harley Rake.

I dont think we need a trach much bigger than Northam? maybe 1.5 times the size? its just the larger the track, the more maintanance and the further the recoveray vechical has to go!
Last edited by Jet on Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jet
Barracuda

Postby Cpo » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:22 am

I not sure about Ian's Friends.

A Must See if you are a Kiwi... a must have with mint sauce!

http://www.blacksheep-themovie.com/

Tag line: "The Violence of the Lambs".

Looks good guys.
Bushpig turns 5 in March gets a makeover.
Cpo
Taipan

Postby Ray » Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:23 pm

I can watch Steve wiggle his ears gotta be worth a laugh!!!

Experienced in civil works, drainage and all aspects of concrete construction
Ray
Taipan

Postby Jack » Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:44 pm

Dads in the crane business, should be able to get a few tyres for edges of corners......
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly....
Jack
Taipan

Postby Jet » Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:46 pm

I may fo found a use for all our old Excavator Tracks down the Back!

You beauty.

Tracks and Tires, nice!
Jet
Barracuda

Postby oddy59 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:23 pm

I just checked my odometer Thingy! and it's 340km round trip from Beckenham. Is that too far for anyone? It's a nice country drive.
Does ya good to get away from the rat race! 8)
oddy59
Piranha

Postby Tony » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:58 pm

Don't put tyres on the corners.
For the small buggies big tyres dangerous, its like hitting a tree!.
Plus they are a bitch to get rid of in the future when you want to restore the property, knowone wants them.
"There can't be a practical reason for believing in what isn't true" – Sir Bertrand Russell.
Tony
Administrator

Postby Cpo » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:13 pm

Tyres Nah.
Concrete barriers like at Northam the incentive is to stay well clear of them. :shock:
Bushpig turns 5 in March gets a makeover.
Cpo
Taipan

Postby Camel » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:19 pm

Guys,

I thought the tyres were for burning, you know, to add to the Mad Max ambience.

Camel
Camel
Piranha

Postby tumbleweed » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:32 am

Wow sounds great guys. Ask the farmer what is the best time of year for moving the dirt around.

What shire is he property in?

In WDR's experience the biggest issue with a regular track is getting the shire on board. If they are keen to have the club in their shire then they can be quite helpful. If they dont like the idea then they can cause no end of grief.

It may be worth a trip to the shire to discuss the ideas.
tumbleweed
Fun Kart

Postby finggers » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:13 am

best time to move dirt would be now while the gravel is soft , its had over an inch of rain on it in the past fortnight . its in the shire of victoria plains . hope they will come to the party
finggers
Taipan

Postby Jet » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:01 pm

Give us a date boys, i'll see if i can get there.

be good if it was a sunday.
Jet
Barracuda

Postby biggans » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:25 pm

Hey guys looks like you are moving forward. That's great to see, only problem is there is not much chance of us eastern boys getting a run on what looks like a perfect spot. If it is private property i would suggest you form a club and get some private Indemnity insurance and track insurance to cover EVERYBODY and EVERYTHING. This is a huge issue if something goes pear shaped. Hard to concentrate on the fun when there is so many sh#t things you need to account for. Most important thing is do it a s a group so you can all reap the rewards after your hard work. Good luck guys it sure has the potential. On behalf of the SEQMBC we would like to offer you some help to get things going if you want just drop us a PM.
The Change is here........
biggans
Sidewinder Plus

Postby oddy59 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:51 pm

G'Day Biggans, what Ins Co do you use? Premiums?...Baz
oddy59
Piranha

Postby finggers » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:47 pm

nick had a word to our local shire today , to quote the gentleman asked " its on private land you can do what the F'*? you want " does that mean we have there backing ? :D
just waiting on replies from neighbours about wether they mind their sunday peace and quiet shattered by the sound of a dozen screaming road bike motors :twisted:
finggers
Taipan

Next

Return to Western Australian Superlites Association