Tumblegum April 2012

All the latest news and chat about WASA

Moderator: Jet

Tumblegum April 2012

Postby Ray » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:35 am

Wasa have been invited again to do Static and Driving Displays at this year Tumblegum Motocross event
Saturday 14th and Sunday the 15th April 2012

Official invite from promotor Willie Thomposon

Ray/Darren & Mark, thank you for coming to see me the other week.
You are officially invited to attend our 9th annual Tumblegum event.

I look forward to having WASA and their sponsors come along to our 9th annual Tumblegum event at no cost to your selves, I will give you 2 runs in front of the spectators throughout the day of Saturday the 14th of April and Sunday the 15th April, I will discuss the format with you as it gets closer but it will be of a demonstration event for you but unfortunately the track will not be wide enough to run wheel to wheel racing.
As you can appreciate we have a very small window to create the track and dismantle it so we need as much help as possible leading up to the event and after it, if you can have helpers come during the week leading up to the event and more so on the Friday the 13th I can let you have a practice on the track in the afternoon. You can have 3 positions for static displays + 3 tickets per driver for those who attends with a vehicle, let me know how many Drivers, helpers and your sponsors will need tickets.

This year will be my largest Motocross event I will be promoting here in WA, we expect to see around 20-30 thousand spectators over the 2 day event including the Speedway on Saturday night, we also are looking to expand Australia wide.
With around 50 Motocross races over the 2 days and us also running a Speedway event on the Saturday night, I want to get across the importance of the level of professionalism we have been able to create over the past years and this year is being no exception, there are some things I request of you as my guest.
Your Static stands must be of good standards, all race cars that will be driving on the track must be fully enclosed eg: around the driver, you can have your cars painted and with advertising on them, I would like you all to have a professional approach in coming to our event and all act in that manner.
There will be the opportunity for you to camp at the track if you want from Friday night.

Attached below is a lay out of the Venue and No (2) is where the static stands will be, the track will be modified shorter for the buggies as discussed.

http://www.williethomson.com/tumbulgum/d...12rev1.pdf

Regards.
Willie Thompson

For those that don’t Know what Tumblegum is
Photo’s of our Attendance in 2011

Some on board footage of Smithy and the ZX14

:shhh: Couple of us snuck overe to the 4x4 track and showed em how it's done:evilgrin0010:

If you would Like to come and meet the Wasa members and have a look at the machines on display this is a great place to do it
Tumblegum is about 5 ks south of Byford
Little more info can be found here

http://www.wasuperlites.com/forum_2/sho ... 626&page=2
Ray
Taipan

Re: Tumblegum April 2012

Postby Dramatica » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:22 pm

Sounds good Ray.
I chucked it into my calendar. Will be in touch closer to the date.
"Fast - Cheap - Reliable. Pick two."
Dramatica
Administrator

Postby Ray » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:15 am

No worries Luke be great to catch up with you again
If you need a lift let me know. Altho I will be camping the night
U still got my e mail address ??

At very short notice On Sunday morn a Phone call came from Willie the promotor of Tumblegum saying the track has been cut for this years Event
Can you get a couple of buggy here for a promotional shoot and U tube Vid ASAP around Midday :

Dont think the Vid is going to turn out very good as the Motocross track was way Dusty, A lot like Northam a Month or so ago

Layout of track

Did I mention it was a little dusty
A couple of laps for the camera's

Solo Bikes and Sidecars were also invited to promote a Championship Series being held there this coming weekend
Also Bikes will be run on the Sat Night while we are there
One good thing about going for a look was Willie let us have a run on the Speedway track... they got Water...

I recon these XLT Precast guys need to get a sponsorship from a Panel beating Mob not a Concrete company
They spend alot of time Exploring alternate lines

Ray
Taipan

Postby Dramatica » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:41 pm

Sorry I couldn't make it out this weekend Ray, unfortunately work has me by the short and curlies at the moment..... :shock:
Dramatica
Administrator

Postby Ray » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:05 am

For some reason I don't understand my computer won't allow the edge site to load at the moment
Using the wife's I pad to try and get some info up for all to see
My fat fingers can't operate this very well :roll:

"WOW" What can I say that makes it sound like this wasn’t any fun by being involved

Firstly and Biggest Thanks to Willie Thompson, his sponsors and promoters for the opportunity for the club to be involved
Mark ( Flagman) and Darren ( Blue Brute) for their tireless effort in corresponding with Willie to make it all come together for an awesome weekend

Club Secretary Dave and Ricco ( Pk Print) , for organising the Raffle Prizes and tickets, helping to raise funds for the club to continue going forward
Our #1 Fundraising Girls, Zoe and Mika for 2 days of full on ticket sales another huge individual effort, Thanks Girls
Also all the other Ladies and blokes, friends of Members

"Everyone that was involved in ticket sales Thank You"

There wasn’t many people over the two days that didn’t get asked at least once or sometimes more if they wanted a ticket :kissing:
Just quietly although I don’t have exact figure raised yet :dizzy:,
I am sure the club has done quite well for a weekends work :applause:

Congratulations to our First prize winner of You Drive V8 Hot laps at Barbagallo

Saturdays driving Display was nothing short of spectacular to watch all drivers and buggy’s on track showing what a Superlite is capable of
Chris and the Katana leading the way hell bent on testing everything to the limit :yikes:

When your driving another buggy and can see whats being done by others what do you do ?????

Ray
Taipan

Postby Ray » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:13 am

With 2 x 10 minute driving displays arranged for each day it was quite obvious that drivers were getting very comfortable with the track and some started stepping up the pace making sure there was a good show
Another one of Chris Jumping

Bad luck story of the weekend is Ricco and the problems that are surrounding his piranha at the moment with it shearing a sprocket whilst getting into the display area on Fri arvo
Good luck story here was he Stepped into our man on track in control position which he relished in, communicating with Marshalls and keeping everything running smoothly

For those that hadnt all ready done so and camped Fri night
Saturday night seen the tents set up and camping for 6 x Superlite groups
A few Brewskies :dizzy: consumed with speedway running into the night
With the Brute taking gaurd over the Superlite Display :fryingpan: Lucky he did as although only a little incident regarding the Polaris display it was quickly nipped in the bud and trouble makers moved on

Sunday seen much of the same with Chris showing us to step up or get outa his way
Steve obviously didn’t get the brief with a near miss and nearly a Katana marking for his troubles after coming over the jump

The Brief on Sunday was to make sure as a driver you don’t get Hung up on anything .........
With the bigger bikes running the ditches and burms were right on the limit of passable even with our buggys
Guess I shoulda listened to that one ...

A couple of huge possibilities coming from the weekends work is 2 great new contacts regarding Venues with ready built facilities Willing to work with us and allow Buggies on their purpose built tracks, One north in the Joondalup area the other south, all within 45 mins of city centre
Another great possibility that is being worked on is a good opportunity of geting into the V8 supercars with a static stand when they are here in a few weeks time

Over all a very successful demonstration and display for the Club and its members
Stay tuned big things are right around the corner so be ready to rumble at short notice

Once again for those that Helped in any way before or over the weekend, Thank you for your help it was hugely appreciated by myself and other members who attended.
As you all can see if we work together and share the load great times can be had
Ray
Taipan

Postby Ray » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:37 am

The next 3 were a very close call...

Thanks to all involved including club sponsors
Next on the agenda is a static stand at the V8 Suprcars when they are over here in a couple of weeks time
Ray
Taipan

Postby Tony » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:48 am

Great work Ray.
Whats the two seater in the pictures?

Edge had a static display at the V8 supercars back in 02' with three Hypersprints in the pits.
It does attract a lot of attention.
"There can't be a practical reason for believing in what isn't true" – Sir Bertrand Russell.
Tony
Administrator

Postby Ray » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:34 pm

2 seater is imported by a local guy here in Perth
He has been beating the life out of it for the last few meetings looking for faults or problems
It is very well built, at this stage has been very reliable without any problems
If he see's anyone do something in a superlite then it has to do it too :twisted:
He fits right in around us mob who drive to the extreme every time we turn the key
A very good option for people looking for a 2 seater, priced at $14000 brand new turn key drive away
Ray
Taipan

Postby Tony » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:18 pm

What is it, at $14,000.00 it must be Chinese?
Tony
Administrator

Postby Dramatica » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:01 pm

This scares the sh#t out of me!
Dramatica
Administrator

Postby Bluezone » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:27 pm

That makes 2 of us then. Man that looks painful.
Bluezone
Piranha

Postby Tony » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:10 am

Yep, that jump looks like a real kicker.
"There can't be a practical reason for believing in what isn't true" – Sir Bertrand Russell.
Tony
Administrator

Postby Dramatica » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:40 pm

I have landed a few motorbikes in a similar fashion. Didn't quite end as well.... :lol:

Ray, you guys are doing a great job with the club. Looks like it is only going from strength to strength!
Dramatica
Administrator

Postby Drew79 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:49 pm

The 2 seater is from Action RV and at a guess it would be my old boss driving it (Doug). They are chinese imports. Didnt get a chance to see one as I left the company before they got here. I did a fair bit of work on his 1100cc import buggy before he sold it, that went alright for what it is i guess.
Drew79
Raven

Return to Western Australian Superlites Association