DIRTCOMP Photo shoot

Performance Plus!

Postby Dramatica » Sat May 31, 2008 1:51 pm

Moving right along now....
"Fast - Cheap - Reliable. Pick two."
Dramatica
Administrator

Postby Tony » Sat May 31, 2008 3:28 pm

Authoritive arguments Trojan?, mate I'm not making an argument at all; I'm just stating simple facts.
The technology does not exist right now at a sensible price, that’s what I'm saying.
Is that not obvious to you?
READ WHAT I HAVE WRITTEN, before you start twisting peoples statements against them & accusing people.
I'm not saying it can't be done, read what I said.
I'm not saying I'm an Authority on the subject of electronics or electrical engineering, read what I said.
And I'm not abusing you as you are abusing me or making snide remarks as you are suggesting.

Again this will likely end up being deleted to clean up the abusive mess you create on this Forum.

Am I being a smart arse Trojan, no I’m not, its you who is being the pig headed know it all that know one should dare question.

The X1 car is still $150,000.00 USD for something which is very basic.
Still does not fall into our $30,000.00 price limit does it?
And like I stated earlier I don’t doubt we will have these cars in the future at reasonable prices.
But Trojan, not right now.
You don’t have to be a world authority like you obviously are to see the simple facts.

Chill out for F*#ks sake, the worlds not out to get you!
"There can't be a practical reason for believing in what isn't true" – Sir Bertrand Russell.
Tony
Administrator

Postby trojan » Sat May 31, 2008 9:06 pm

:roll:

Here's a dictionary:

snide: expressive of contempt

disparaging: Tending or intending to belittle; expressive of low opinion.

I then wrote a point by point rebuttal to your accusations but came to realise what's the point... So I'll sum up with:

I challenge you Tony to show where you UNIQUELY CONTRIBUTED IN A POSITIVE WAY to the discussion??????
Don't ya hate it when you put your heart into something only to have political c**ts who've contributed little by comparison, knife you in the back?
trojan
Piranha

Postby Camel » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:28 am

You're actually both right. So stop vehemently agreeing with each other!

And as for the dickhead who dobbed me into Photobucket for my butt cheek art; well I hope you chooks turn to emus and kick your dunny down!

---
Gen II Hayabusa - ECU HACKED - 300kmh+ No 2nd and 3rd gear restrictions, Modified maps, Wideband datalogger
http://www.wasuperlites.com
Camel
Piranha

Postby Trav » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:17 am

Yeah I missed out on seeing the picture....I heard it was Camel scantily clad posing on a Barracuda :shock:
CBR 900 Piranah *under construction*
Trav
Taipan

Postby trojan » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:58 am

OK, I've just been across the mountain and back, they didn't name it Mt Glorious for nothin' - the one they were going to include in a Targa QLD but the locals poo-poo'd it Image (no not the Mohamed thing :roll:) and I feel chilled.

Electric Vehicles have been a pet project of mine for years, since my electronics mentor inspired me.
None the less(!) I shouldn't have fired up as I did and am truly sorry for being a hot head.

Now, I've calmly done some back of the envelope calcs and currently I get, and I sure could be wrong, that a buggy could be built that meets the weight limit and can outrun a busa in a straight line for 11 minutes - then stop dead ;)
No good for the Finkle but it could do Northam/Harvey/Camel & Piranha Parks/TORC in their current format?
Don't ya hate it when you put your heart into something only to have political c**ts who've contributed little by comparison, knife you in the back?
trojan
Piranha

Postby Camel » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:19 am

Trojan,

my thoughts exactly. I look at the action most buggies do around here and it's all stadium, short track stuff.

As for your comments about the electric motor flogging a Hayabusa, well I'd never believed you except that I saw an electric drage bike about ten years ago which did something l;ike an 8 second run with old lead-acid batteries!

Let's start and electric/alternative powered buggy section on the forum and spread the love around.

Camel
---
Gen II Hayabusa - ECU HACKED - 300kmh+ No 2nd and 3rd gear restrictions, Modified maps, Wideband datalogger
Camel
Piranha

Postby Camel » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:07 pm

Okay, OKAY!!! I know some of you can't live without a blaring exhaust emanating four stroke noises for all to hear.

So hears (here's ?) the solution. Mount these to your electric buggy and play your favorite bike engine noise at full throttle....

camel
---
Camel
Piranha

Postby bobthebuggybuilder » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:46 pm

should have enough battery poower to run a couple of amps and a few 12" subwoofers bro.( for a little while anyway.11minutes apparently)
"Can we fix it ? yes we can. "
Bob the builder.
bobthebuggybuilder
Registered Member

Postby biggans » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:57 pm

:roll: Hey Tony.. took me 6 pages to say it... but top shots of the Cuda mate. Have they been included in the Dirt Comp Mag yet?
The Change is here........
biggans
Sidewinder Plus

Postby Tony » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:09 pm

Biggans, looks like we are back on track to the original subject.

I received an email from the Editor of Dirt Comp a couple of weeks ago.
Damned if I can remember what he said, (I was in fishing fever at the time) other than I think the article is in the next issue.

I will email him again as I was supposed to receive a proof of the article before it is published.
"There can't be a practical reason for believing in what isn't true" – Sir Bertrand Russell.
Tony
Administrator

Postby Tony » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:46 pm

Barracuda article in Dirt comp is scheduled to be in Edition 14, out late July.
Tony
Administrator

Postby Reg » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:01 pm

where can i get this magazine, never seen it anywhere
Reg
Trax II

Postby Tony » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:15 pm

First time I saw it was in a 4x4 shop, (opposite lock).
It is supposed to be available in most of the better newsagents, but again, I haven't seen it.
Tony
Administrator

Postby Camel » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:22 pm

I've seen it at quite a few newsagencies across Perth/Darwin

You could always subscribe!
---
Camel
Piranha

Postby chrishallett83 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:18 pm

My net's been down for three days, just look at all the fun I missed out on! Trojan's been making up for lost time, and I didn't even get the chace to rile him up a bit dammit! :D
"Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men" - Douglas Bader
chrishallett83
Vulture

Postby trojan » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:17 pm

http://www.dirtcomp.com.au/index.php?op ... &Itemid=26

Really Chris, no one noticed and no one cared (feel better now) :lol:
trojan
Piranha

Postby biggans » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:25 pm

Just ask your local newsagent Reg.. if they dont stock it on shelf they will order it in for you. I used to have to do the same for the Kart Mags each month. Its a top read, and well worth the few bucks.
The Change is here........
biggans
Sidewinder Plus

Postby Reg » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:46 pm

thanks guy's , i'll look into it
Reg
Trax II

Postby nikitasimt » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:54 pm

Tony is it possible to send me a copy of this magazine ?
I really would like to have a copy if you can find a way to send it over
As for the electric buggy have a look to this video from France
It is from Adros trophy and there are two electric buggys competing with the 600cc Honda CBR buggys
One of them it is driven by a girl with good results

http://www.mefeedia.com/entry/trophee-a ... s/7351317/
nikitasimt
Fun Kart

PreviousNext

Return to Barracuda