Corza's Barracuda Build

Performance Plus!

Re: Corza's Barracuda Build

Postby Corza19 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:00 am

Hey Heath!
Thanks for following my build! Didn't know if there was really anyone following it anymore or not :lol:

Yeah well mostly solved it, kept my engine level with the chassis, I kept it as far back as possible, but I am using a 13 tooth front sprocket which helps a lot. This will kill the top speed a bit but I'd rather have the acceleration, and use all of the gears!!

Don't have any updates for anyone unfortunately, buggy is in storage now so won't be any updates for a whilez!

And also Photobucket now makes you pay to have photos posted else where so now my thread looks like sh#t until I pay money hahaha. Just click on the "photos" and they take you to my Photobucket!

Cheers all

EDIT: Oh only to update on is that I bought a harness lol, it's an RPM 3" belt 5 point harness in blue!
"Drop a gear and disappear"
Corza19
Trax II

Postby mrniceguy » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:09 am

If you use google chrome, here is a fix for the photobucket issue;

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... jjgj?hl=en
mrniceguy
Registered Member

Postby Corza19 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:40 pm

Well well it's been a while

Sadly no real updates, have acquired more parts since July including 4 FOX Nitrogen shocks, coolant overflow tank, couple of radiators silicone hose bends, and a banjo bolt brake switch..

I've got a few parts Zinc coated also, and I cut 7.5mm off the ends of my driveshafts

I was hoping to have this driving before Christmas, but looking very unlikely, considering I haven't touched it in months, and I still don't really have any motorvation or interest in it anymore :|

I haven't been on this forum since my last post, so not sure if there's been any other activity, or if anyones comes on here at all to see this...

Anyways, cheers for those who have checked out the thread (expect there's no pics lol), sorry for lack of updates hahah

Corey
Corza19
Trax II

Postby enroh » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:20 pm

Looking good mate. Keep the updates rolling in !!
enroh
Registered Member

Postby Corza19 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:46 pm

Hey guys,

Not sure if anyone uses this forum anymore or reads this thread, but I have recently got back into the Cuda, made a bit of progress on it.

I need to make a new account with a different image site and upload some photos of the current progress.

I'll post some pictures within the next few days.

Cheers
Corza19
Trax II

Postby Corza19 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:10 pm

Well sorry for the delay..

This is the last pic I took before it went into storage for a few months :lol:

Then before I moved it back into the workshop...

Welded on the shock mounts on the rear uprights finally, not sure why I just didn't do this to start with.

Ground down the bolt heads on a couple of the bolts for my wheel spacer/adapter so they would clear the stud and actually go in :roll:

I also have completed the radiator pipes/hoses. Eventually I want to redo them in 1 1/4" stainless pipe and only use hose where it connects to the engine/rad. They will do for now though.
Bit annoying having to buy expensive Aeroflow elbows just to cut them up :lol:

Made some mounts for my oil cooler. Will have to make a duct or scoop to direct a bit of air to it.

Been working on the wiring loom recently, just about to ready to extend and solder all the wires back together, the pics do the talking.

Whilst the loom is split I tried to replace as many joints as I could with heat shrink instead of the shitty clear tape from factory, looks much nicer

Next step is to drill a hole in the firewall, dash (for cluster) and in the electrical box. Then fold up the box and make a lid for it, mount the cluster to know the correct positioning of the wiring behind it. Then finally extend all the wires!

I have taken the rad out to weld some shroud mounts on the back of it, and cut the lower hose barb and make it point straight out (can see the problem in above pic), then take the fuel tank out to weld in a couple extra bungs, one for a return line and one for a breather.

List is still VERY long but getting this loom sorted will be a big item crossed off the list.

Hope the pictures are an ok size, I'm now using Flickr, and had to resize the pics...

If anyone still reads this on here make sure you leave a comment so I know!
Cheers
Corza19
Trax II

Previous

Return to Barracuda