POTENTIAL VENUES AND RUNNING CONDITIONS

All the latest news and chat about SEQMBC.

Moderator: Sean (Foggy) Leggett

Re: POTENTIAL VENUES AND RUNNING CONDITIONS

Postby DeRat » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:21 pm

Thanx Justin.... awesome mate...... great to know that something is so close & running so often......

July/August I'm in for sure, June is a Maybe...
“Face it, Love me or hate me, I'm going to give you a damn good show and drive the wheels off it.”
DeRat
Taipan

Postby lustinator » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:03 pm

Hi Mike, Yes i do have a few pics, there not the greatest but gives you a bit of and idea, real country atmosphere.attachment=2]011.jpg[/attachment]
009.jpg
009.jpg (90.5 KiB) Viewed 4017 times
Attachments
010.jpg
010.jpg (59.49 KiB) Viewed 4017 times
011.jpg
011.jpg (93.38 KiB) Viewed 4017 times
GO HARD OR GO HOME
lustinator
Raven

Postby mike 379 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:33 pm

Thanks for the pics Justin. Looks a lot like Proston pits... nice and friendly. Like Rat said but June is out for me but July and August i'm in if work permits.

Mike :)
"There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one..." - Joey Dunlop. Isle of Man TT Champion
mike 379
Trax II

Postby DeRat » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:42 pm

Hey Justin, What sort of CAMS License do they require you to have?

How tough is scruitineering on the buggys?
“Face it, Love me or hate me, I'm going to give you a damn good show and drive the wheels off it.”
DeRat
Taipan

Postby lustinator » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:32 pm

Hi Rat, I got a Speed license -$105 as far as scrutineering goes they are very casual. They walked around my buggy,scratched their heads and said what are we supposed to check on this :roll: They asked if it had a brake light,got me to show them it worked and that was it. Trust me there is a few pieces of crap running around out there. They ask that people arrive around 7:30 am to get the paperwork and money out of the way,so if you wanted to travel to my place Saturday arvo and stay the night it would make for a less rushed morning on Sunday.Just a thought anyway,or alternatively if you wanted to make a weekend of it, we could spend Saturday at my parents farm having a play.They only live about 15 min away from the track :)
GO HARD OR GO HOME
lustinator
Raven

Postby mike 379 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:14 pm

Hey Justin.
Im up for what ever you boys want to do. Saturday having a play or Saturday night at your place. All we need is a camp fire and we will be sweet.
"There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one..." - Joey Dunlop. Isle of Man TT Champion
mike 379
Trax II

Postby mph-goldcoast » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:32 pm

Ok I moved from perth and bought my unfinished barracuda with me, now it finished and nowhere to go!!!!! anybody know of anywhere for a quick thrash near the goldcoast?????????????
mph-goldcoast
Raven

Postby mick » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:33 pm

mph-goldcoast wrote:Ok I moved from perth and bought my unfinished barracuda with me, now it finished and nowhere to go!!!!! anybody know of anywhere for a quick thrash near the goldcoast?????????????

I do ! not legally tho !
mick
Trax II

Postby Rusty » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:19 pm

Hi Ya MPH - Gold Coast,
We are just in the process of rebuilding the SEQMBC club after some political dramas - all sorted now - it would be good to catch up before a race meet - and it sounds like there is going to be more and more of them !! Give me a text (0434 581 387) and we can arrange a drink or two and we can show you ours if you show us yours :lol: OK I am still building mine but it is still an awsome drinking club with a serious buggy issue !!!! Millmerran looks to be the next closest thing to a race meeting kicking off in June so let us know when your available - Cheers Rusty (Knuckles) !!
I am a healthy PETRO - SEXUAL male !!! Sleeping in my buggy is OK - isn't it??
Rusty
Registered Member

Postby mike 379 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:07 pm

Hi Lads
Had a run at Nabiac NSW near Forster. Great track with a few good straights but lots of hairpin turns so the rally cars with diffs and hydraulic hand brakes left me behind. The track is very slippery sand based and narrowed in places due to all the wet weather so i couldn't use it all and it was a five second penalty for hitting a cone. Get it pointed in the right direction and get on it was what i tried . Nice people, great venue with all facilities including camping on site. Heres a bit of vid from my rear cam. Unfortunately as usual my old go pro facing forward let me down but i did get some front vid so i will put something together.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu3-OuDMjdE
mike 379
Trax II

Postby mick » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:28 am

Nice work Mike !
mick
Trax II

Postby mike 379 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:39 am

Thanks Mick. Came nowhere but i had a ball. No point having it in the shed and not using it .
mike 379
Trax II

Postby DeRat » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:07 pm

Hey Mike,

Nice looking Vid Buddy, as you say tight in a few turns, still you getting nicely into 4th along a few straights!
DeRat
Taipan

Postby mike 379 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:42 pm

Hi Rat

Yeah mate it was good to strech its legs but i must admit i was looking for some more HP on the straights. Had some problems in the early runs upshifting due to a bit of play in the cable. Got it sorted and my times were coming down. The locals sure have their cars sorted for this track. They run a lot of different events all year. All good fun !
Last edited by mike 379 on Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mike 379
Trax II

Postby DeRat » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:47 pm

Hi Mike,

how you looking for the Millmerran dirt sprints in July? you still keen to come up?
DeRat
Taipan

Postby mike 379 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:29 pm

Mate i will be there. What date is it on?
mike :)
mike 379
Trax II

Postby brooksie » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:38 am

hi all just brought plans to build a piranha buggy and was reading through the forum,
i have a few questions about these neetings if i understand it the club nolonger runs events anymore but runs at stuff like the proston rally etc is this true?
secondly what changes to the plans do i need to do if any to run these events and lastly will the club be running events again as i live in warwick qld and the millmerian sprints are close by so that looks like the only real option for me unless i can convince my sister in-law to let me build a track on her 100 acres.
brooksie
Registered Member

Postby Screma » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:40 am

Hi Brooksie.

Great to see you get in and build. with the buggies, if i was in your position, try and build a cuda instead of the piranha. I think the advantages of a cuda are obvious over a piranha so no need to go into detail as to why. As far as cams ruling goes at the events we attend, Proston never had any issues with the piranha's but I cant speak for Milmerran. Justin is the only one who has had a run out there before they shutdown for xmas. We plan to run there in 2012 but we dont know how strict their CAMS ruling is as far as EDGE buggies go. If you are going to build a piranha, may i strongly suggest that you use 38mm CDS pipe as a minimum, run nothing but a PIRCV for the rear driveline for reliabillity reasons and extend the cabin by 150mm and put 100 in the engine bay area. May i also suggest doing Russell's A-A arm front arms as well. Do all this, and you wont have a problem with cams and will also be extremely competetive. :D
Screma
Trax II

Postby DeRat » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:01 pm

Hey Brooksie,

Great to see someone else interested in Edge Buggies in SEQ.. Mate our club is very alive & kicking, with some great racing planned for 2012..... It's more mates racing focused now, than big organised club meets..... but there are are several hard core guys, who've been round these buggies for years, built numerous edge buggies, from Pirahanas to Cudas & love it......

If your 'round SEQ, mate give me a call & lets hook up for a Beer & a BBQ, I'll get a few of the SEQMBC Boys to come around & we'll talk your ears off on buggies. M: 0412 047 391
DeRat
Taipan

Postby Hamish » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:22 pm

Just moved up from Sydney to the gold coast about 3 months ago. Got a Cuda all finished down in NSW at my old mans farm. Not sure if its worth bringing it up or not... would be awesome fun to race. As far as i go, i have no cams anything, and the buggy is more or less built to edge plans. Guessing ill need to get a few things sorted, but as long as its not making the buggy pass cams i think ill be fine. Wont be able to bring it up for 6 months or so but thats details.

I saw the list of events at the start, thought i might drop by and check everything out. Whats the best one to attend.

Cheers,
Hamo
It would have been extremely dangerous... except for the fact he was drinking at the same time.
Hamish
Trax II

PreviousNext

Return to South East Qld Mini Buggy Club