Club Fees

All the latest news and chat about SEQMBC.

Moderator: Sean (Foggy) Leggett

Club Fees

Postby Sean (Foggy) Leggett » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:40 pm

OK guys just a little house keeping as directed from our Secretary! As you all know I have been doing a lot of work trying to get all of our affiliation set up with the Australian Dirt Drivers Association (ADDA) for the drivers insurance. This unfortunately is the serious part of what we do; insurance is something we as a club and individuals must be part of!

As you should no by now the annual club fees are now over due! The fees are $100.00 for club membership and $130.00 for a senor and $70 for a junior for you licence and insurance with the ADDA.
This is a total of $230 for senors and $170 for a junior!
Now the $100 club fee covers not only your self but your whole immediate family, so for an example if you are married with 2 kids that ride bikes or have multiple buggies (or in Micks case all of the above!) your fees would be - $100 for joining the club plus $130 for your ADDA licence plus $70 per child that rides or drives! If your wife wants to drive on a regular basis, she to will have to pay the $130 insurance. These fees unfortunately will run on a financial year; this first year we are going to lose a couple of months but there is nothing I can do about that as it is a stipulation from the insurer!

Now, If you are new to our wonderful little club we DONT expect you to have to falk out the joining fees straight away!! We give any new members 2 meeting to work out if you want to have as much fun as we do :D , and you will need to fill out one of our indemnity forms so you can drive on the track as much as you like, but until you are a financial member you will not be able to race!

I am going to become a board member of the ADDA so we will have a official delegate on hand to sign of on the forms as soon as we get them with your money. What dose this mean? It means you will have coverage straight away and you will not have to wait for the form to be processed before you get coverage!! :D

I think this is a good thing guys as we will all have the comfort of knowing that (God forbid if any thing happened) we will be fully covered and we don't have to worry about finances while you are off work!

If you can pay your memberships at the meeting on the 15th and 16th of September that would be great, but I know this is going to be a stretch for some people so could every one please make sure that if you want to be a permanent member of our club please have memberships all paid by Wednesday the 31st of October in time for our next meeting!

For all the people that don't know running day fees are - $30 for one day, $50 for the weekend and this also covers camping fees! If you want to come out and experience how much fun we have and you don't have a buggy yet! And I say YET!! Its going to be the most expensive weekend you will probably ever have, because I just about guarantee you will go home and pull out your cheque book!.........All jokes a side your fees will be $30 for the weekends camping!

OK I think that's it for now and I look forward to seeing you all at Camel Park!

Cheers,
Foggy
ZX14 powered CudaX Image

Sold!!!!!
http://www.dreeme.com
http://www.seqmbc.com
Sean (Foggy) Leggett
Piranha

Postby mick » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:29 pm

Well said Foggy, glad you sorted that out. Cherie just asked about insurance to be a track official. I think it was $40 ? can you clarify this please mate.
mick
Trax II

Postby biggans » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:54 am

Well done foggy. I think there has been a few cases of people not even paying the running day/camping fees so can we please make sure we all do whats right. Thanks guys. I will have my money for license and membership.
The Change is here........
biggans
Sidewinder Plus

Postby Jacquie » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:32 am

Hi, I will answer about the officials cost, it's $40 for the insurance component plus either general membership at $20 [full voting rights etc] or $10 for associate [no voting rights]. The reason someone has to become a member of ADDA is that the insurance company requires this.
Australian Dirt Driver's Association inc.
Jacquie
Registered Member

Postby biggans » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:04 am

That's fine Jacquie... Thanks for the info. I am sure all the members and future members will see the benefit in all of this.
biggans
Sidewinder Plus

Postby mick » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:38 pm

1 other thing guys, dont we need to supply a passport size photo ?
mick
Trax II

Postby Sean (Foggy) Leggett » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:46 pm

Yes mate that's correct!! Sorry I forgot to mention that!! Well there you go that's proof that I am not perfect! Do you believe me now!! :D
Cheers,
Foggy
ZX14 powered CudaX Image

Sold!!!!!
http://www.dreeme.com
http://www.seqmbc.com
Sean (Foggy) Leggett
Piranha

Postby mick » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:04 pm

I'll watch your back mate.
mick
Trax II

Postby biggans » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:28 pm

OK guys its now getting serious....

A little while ago foggy wrote....

"Now, If you are new to our wonderful little club we DONT expect you to have to pay joining fees straight away!! We give any new members 2 meetings to work out if you want to have as much fun as we do, and you will need to fill out one of our indemnity forms so you can drive on the track as much as you like, but until you are a financial member you will not be able to race"

Thanks Foggy. That's fine, but i think its important that a few select members at least pay their membership fees by the end of this week. We are about to spend a great deal of money on this sprinkler system and track grading and its hard when there are still people who have not paid their club membership fee of $100.00. Come on guys you know who you are. Please can we get this into the club account ASAP.

SEQMBC Membership is $100.00 (that is for a family)
ADDA - Drivers licence $130.00 (optional for the next two meetings and two RECENT passport size photos will be needed)

Lets get this done please guys.
biggans
Sidewinder Plus

Postby chrishallett83 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:57 am

I'm from W.A., and not actually currently involved with any of the buggy clubs on this forum, but I have been involved with many enthusiast group clubs before, and I find it awfully disheartening to see the club board members having to plead with 'members' to pay their fees! These guys are being WAY too nice to you, they're letting you get away with an awful lot. If you haven't paid your fees, you ARE NOT A MEMBER. A branch of the Hash House Harriers I was a member of for a few years was the most laid back, humourous fun-loving club I have ever been a member of. (We drank so much we may have been able to challenge the SEQMBC in the booze olympics...) But if your fees weren't up to date, you were excluded from ALL club activities, except busy bees. So you had to join in all the hard work, without getting to reap the benefits. Which I thought was more than fair. Proper, professional clubs DO NOT operate on love alone.

Pay your fees, guys and girls.

Seriously.
"Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men" - Douglas Bader
chrishallett83
Vulture

Return to South East Qld Mini Buggy Club