EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST - RACING SERIES

All the latest news and chat about SEQMBC.

Moderator: Sean (Foggy) Leggett

Postby DeRat » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:40 pm

Hey People,

We have had some really exciting developments in the last few weeks @ SEQMBC. The Ex Triple 8 marketing manager, has approached us at the SEQMBC offering to build a support class within their new stadium truck series... this is looking awesome Indeed....

The 1st event is locked in, Archerfield Speedway Brisbane... on the 6th of April.... including Trophies & Prize Money.... Another event on the Gold Coast has also been confirmed. with several other events also being finalized shortly....

So if your keen to wheel to wheel race your buggy on custom designed stadium tracks (yes we have significant input to track design).... then message me, as we'd love to get a whole lot of Edge Buggies involved in this series.....

Foggy is in contact with the Series organisers & may have some more details for anyone who's interested....
“Face it, Love me or hate me, I'm going to give you a damn good show and drive the wheels off it.”
DeRat
Taipan

Re: EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST - RACING SERIES

Postby Sean (Foggy) Leggett » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:21 am

Yes Guys as Rat has said 6th of April will be the first Stadium race for SEQMBC if everyone's keen!!! :-)
This Event will be held at Archerfield speedway and is fully booked and paid for by the event organiser already, so the only way this will be cancelled if it gets rained out several times?? It will be a trophy and PRIZE MONEY event as well. :-)
The second one at the moment is booked and paid for is down the Gold Coast, now there is a possibility there will be more events in between and after those two depending on how successful this first one is!! They are looking at Lismore, Bundy, Maryborough and other venues, for anyone travelling distances will get tow money!! :-)
He is fully insured for 20 million dollars by Lloyds of London so we are fully covered on that side of things. I spoke with the event organiser him self and he is super keen to have us there and would like to make this a full calendar for us if it all goes to plan!!
This guy races monster trucks in the states and see's the shows they put on over there and he wants to emulate it all over here. He would also like us to have a big input to things like track design so we get what we want and not a buggy killer!!
It will be wheel to wheel racing and the name of the game is to put on a show for the punters, so some good close racing and nice airtime will keep them happy I think!! :-)
He is also getting the full size boys, crusty boys, quad boys, Trophy Kart boys (didn't know they were in Aus?) and Dan can you get in touch with the Polaris boys as well as they would be a good complement to our guys I think, Clive was very interested in them as well.

For those who cant make it don't despair as its going to be covered by Fuel TV and Fox Sport!

This is something we have been trying to get off the ground for a very long time, and there has always been some bloody hurdle in our way, Clive is very determined to get this Circus off and running, and with his 21 years experience with Speedway, moto X, Monster Truck etc as a promoter and competitor I think he should know what he's doing?

Anyway guys I know its pretty short notice and April 6th will be on us before you know it, but if there is anyone out there that is remotely interested please let me know ASAP so we can finalise numbers, buy the way this is NOT a CAMS event so you will not be made to jump through all the bullshit hoops to be eligible..... just a well built buggy (Piranha, Barracuda or the likes) that's not going to fall apart when you land off the first jump! :lol:

Cheers guys and please feel free to shoot any questions to either DeRat or my self or just throw a post up on here,
Foggy
ZX14 powered CudaX Image

Sold!!!!!
http://www.dreeme.com
http://www.seqmbc.com
Sean (Foggy) Leggett
Piranha

Postby itchyback » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:45 pm

It sounds like its free to compete is that right?
Gotta watch this, will it be aired on the night?
I wont compete, my buggy is a bit too fat lol. Also its not finished.....almost thought.
Two Seat Barracuda 2.0
Completed.... except for upgrades, repairs, modifications....
itchyback
Trax II

Postby Sean (Foggy) Leggett » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:56 pm

Hey itchyback,
Not real sure on all those just at the moment, still very early day's!!
I think there will be a cost to enter but it will be minimal I am led to believe if any?
I think this might be a good incentive to finish that buggy off!! :-)
Cheers,
Foggy
ZX14 powered CudaX Image

Sold!!!!!
Sean (Foggy) Leggett
Piranha

Postby Sean (Foggy) Leggett » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:58 pm

Don't worry about being a 2 seater, its all about going out and having a bit of fun and putting on a bit of a show for the crowd!! 8)
Cheers,
Foggy
ZX14 powered CudaX Image

Sold!!!!!
Sean (Foggy) Leggett
Piranha

Postby lustinator » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:28 pm

I watched all you guys for years without a buggy,went out and ordered one of the best on the market only to have the club disband while it was getting built. :shock: Of course there was nothing like this when i had the Rage...it wouldn't be any other way :x Oh well looks like i've got to start looking again... Don't mind the look of the new Can am Maverick :roll: Plenty of power & able to crawl through the rough stuff,like at Manar Park. Any Thoughts ?
GO HARD OR GO HOME
lustinator
Raven

Postby DeRat » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:39 pm

Hey Justin... The Rage is Gone? Shame was a hot buggy mate!
“Face it, Love me or hate me, I'm going to give you a damn good show and drive the wheels off it.”
DeRat
Taipan

Postby lustinator » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:45 pm

Yes Darren, the Rage headed down to Sydney a couple of months ago :cry:
In my opinion it was a pure bred race machine that was meant for the bitumen.
Yes you could have fun in the dirt but for what it cost me, I couldn't watch it slowly get wrecked.
Micks got the right idea having one dirt buggy and a dedicated race buggy.
When I ordered the Rage it was meant to be a toy for the family to play with on weekends, but apart from the occasional trip to the folks farm I found the organised race events like Millmerran sprints and Proston,whilst undeniably fun,weren't very family friendly. Having said all of that, I miss it terribly and wish I hadn't sold it. I will replace it with something else, but was thinking of a polaris xp 900 or a Maverick 1000. Both seem better suited to playing in the sort of terrain at my parents farm. I'm not personally keen on wheel to wheel racing but it does seem like an awesome opportunity for the club!
Would definitely be keen to come watch you guys in action... Hmmm always watching :roll:
GO HARD OR GO HOME
lustinator
Raven

Postby itchyback » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:31 pm

well, maybe, we'll see for future events.
I'll buy a ticket for the night and offer my services as pit crew. If you end up going post here and we'll arrange to meet somewhere. I've not been there before so we'll make it somewhere obvious, where we know the barracudas will be, like the first place podium LOL
Two Seat Barracuda 2.0
Completed.... except for upgrades, repairs, modifications....
itchyback
Trax II

Postby DeRat » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:01 pm

Hey Itchyback you'd be welcome buddy indeed....

1st meeting tomorrow night to organsie logistics, race protocol etc.... 7 Buggies on the Start Line so far.. Love to get 10x-12x....

FYI People, TBC, but we believe any Interstate Towers would be paid Towing money to attend.... If you interested call or message me.... M: 0412 017 391
DeRat
Taipan

Postby oddy59 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:41 am

Why you blokes so far away?
Your offer of tow money, from Perth WA still OK? :lol:
Pity so far away,you would'nt need to ask me twice.
Good luck with it all.
Cheers Baz.
Trying to wear out BEFORE I rust out!..........Now just trying to getouta Bed! Image
oddy59
Piranha

Postby DeRat » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:26 pm

Cheers Baz..... Geez if we can get a Promoter in Victoria for a Stadium Event..... Maybe we could all meet halfway Between QLD & WA.. wouldn't that be something
DeRat
Taipan

Postby DeRat » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:11 am

Ok We Are Confirmed for April 6th..... Email me if your going to attend, we need to lock numbers in & get Drivers Nominated ASAP. It's going to be a whole lot of fun... Bring out your Edge Buggy & Come & race with a whole heap of Buggy guys & gals, in a controlled race environment, Promoter & event are fully insured for $20 Mill. We're not taking it too seriously, it's not racing for sheep stations... it's all about a bit of fun.

Stadium Racing Event - Confirmed 6th April .... Archerfield Speedway.. BrisVegas... I have the Full Race Supps & Reg's for those who want to race... Email Me: Darren@corpit.net.au for a copy

This is a NON CAMS Event..... So your edge Buggy will comply... You will NOT need a CAMS Licence either.... How Cool

Venue Super Cheap Auto's Brisbane International Speedway (Archerfield Speedway)

Free Practice. Friday 5th APRIL 5pm - 8PM Running is a $20 Donation to Track Officials... Get to learn the track with us, before we race... we'll be in the pits setting up our buggies & will be happy to share our setup knowledge & get everyone out there running!

Racing Program. Saturday 6th APRIL Gates open 8am........ Racing from 11am... Mains from 4PM

Entry Fees $30 Entry Fee

How Do i nominate? Email me for a copy of the Reg's & Nomination Form

Prize Money & Trophies Feature....1st $150 2nd $100 3rd $75 4th $50 5th $25 Plus Trophies 1st 2nd 3rd ... an Idea we had was to 'pool' the prize money & split it between all buggies who race, so we can all cover running costs....

DeRat
Taipan

Postby Hamish » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:13 pm

Are there going to be more than one of these, or is this a one off? Can't make it this time, but definitely would be keen for future events.
It would have been extremely dangerous... except for the fact he was drinking at the same time.
Hamish
Trax II

Postby DeRat » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:44 pm

Hi Hamish,

We are targeting series races with this promoter, aiming to make it an annual Series. So yes the intent is Several more this year.

The promotor is talking TOW MONEY, for those towing larger distances, going from NSW Buddy, you should be eligible, which would ease the tow up here for sure!

BTW. we have started a facebook page.... SEQMBC..... to use social media to stay in touch with all things buggy... look us up & join our page... plenty of good buggy info, Builds & friends to come & meet.
DeRat
Taipan

Postby Sean (Foggy) Leggett » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:52 pm

Hamish there is another been set in stone for the Gold Coast in September I think?? But other than that it depends on how successful the first one is, if we get lots of starters and lots of crowds the promoter will be putting quite a few more on through south east QLD and northern NSW...... and if they are all successful he is even talking about going all around the country possibly??
This has the legs to be quite a good series as long as we get behind it and give it the support, with out that were back to looking for somewhere to run as usual!!
Please guys if you have a buggy come and join in, its not racing for sheep stations as Rat said, its all just about having some fun!!!
Cheers,
Foggy
ZX14 powered CudaX Image

Sold!!!!!
Sean (Foggy) Leggett
Piranha

Postby Hamish » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:36 pm

I blew my last engine, and am in the process of swapping a new one in, also my buggy is 1500 km away at my old mans place, so this time looks like a bit impossible. I will aim to have everything installed, running and ready for the gold coast event. It would be awesome to get the series up and going!
It would have been extremely dangerous... except for the fact he was drinking at the same time.
Hamish
Trax II

Postby DeRat » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:07 pm

Absolutely awesome Buddy, hopefully enough people with Buggies will come along & support it.... we aren't racing for sheep stations, just a group of guys getting the buggies out of the shed & racing a few laps.... should be great!

BTW, you could always buy a cheap flight up to Brisbane, You Can Crash at my house if you like. I only Live 15 Mins From Brisbane Airport.... Come & see the event 1st hand & meet the Buggies Boys & Gals up here!
DeRat
Taipan

Postby Hamish » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:29 pm

Cheers for the offer! I'm actually living on the gold coast (havn't updated my profile yet) so wouldn't need the bed, but I'm meant to be back in Sydney that week/weekend. I might see if i can swap things around so i can come back early and check it out! Wasn't really sure if its worth bringing the buggy up as at least i get to drive it a few times a year when i visit down there, but i have no where to drive up in Queensland. Also need a trailer and cash is a little short for that at the moment. Hopefully i can come on the 6th and meet up with everyone!
Hamish
Trax II

Postby DeRat » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:40 pm

Hopefully you can come along on the 6th Buddy.. be careful though, we have plenty of places you can run your buggy up in QLD, lol.. & you'd be welcome to join us
DeRat
Taipan

Next

Return to South East Qld Mini Buggy Club