New Track at Beudesert

All the latest news and chat about SEQMBC.

Moderator: Sean (Foggy) Leggett

New Track at Beudesert

Postby mph-goldcoast » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:20 pm

Barracuda with 04 Hayabusa

http://youtu.be/XFlE0QjdaEw?hd=1

First practise, buggy not finished, Gear indicater knackered, track not finished and broken ribs....
mph-goldcoast
Raven

Re: New Track at Beudesert

Postby Dramatica » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:30 pm

Mate, great video. Track looks like it has heaps of potential, is it your land?
Nothing like the sound of a screaming roady thats for sure.

Two points though.
1. No helmet!
2. No safety harness!

I know you said in the comments that you had broken ribs, but mate, it's not worth the risk.
A caved-in head isn't pretty, trust me, I have seen one. :shock:

Looking forward to heaps more of your videos in the future though!
"Fast - Cheap - Reliable. Pick two."
Dramatica
Administrator

Postby mph-goldcoast » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:19 pm

Was waiting for some smart arse to give me a go over the helmet and harness, I was going real slow and wouldnt have dreamed of going fast without a helmet or harness, I am the smart arse that stands at the side of the track giving the mx guys riding without helmets a serve, so well said but not needed!!!!

New track is not available to seqmbc yet, BUT the owner said it will when he gets back from the USA in 6 months, he wants just me and my mate in his Piranaha to give it a good going over while he is away and then we will invite other people along!!! camping will also be available at the track, there is a beutiful creek at the back of us with the camp site just meteres away. wish we could invite more but hey!!! its not our land.
mph-goldcoast
Raven

Postby HoldenSS5L » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:30 pm

Nice looking track mate, be good once opened up eventually to more people...

Definately not interested into getting into a s^&t fight but I am pretty sure Dramatica wasn't being a smart arse, more someone showing some concern for someones well being, just my take on the post... ;)

Shaun
HoldenSS5L
Fun Kart

Postby mph-goldcoast » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:12 am

I am the smart arse that stands at the side of the track giving the mx guys riding without helmets a serve, so well said but not needed!!!!
HoldenSS5L wrote:Nice looking track mate, be good once opened up eventually to more people...

Definately not interested into getting into a s^&t fight but I am pretty sure Dramatica wasn't being a smart arse, more someone showing some concern for someones well being, just my take on the post... ;)

Shaun
mph-goldcoast
Raven

Postby DeRat » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:24 pm

Great looking track.... Be a good family/ Buggy fun weekender thats for sure... ideal! keep us in the loop & when it's opened up we'll bring the toys & Have a look.

Several serious Cudas here ready to play... inc Greg's Demon Turbo Busa.. its a weapon to behold......

BTW, your Cuda sounds HOT love it...
“Face it, Love me or hate me, I'm going to give you a damn good show and drive the wheels off it.”
DeRat
Taipan

Postby mph-goldcoast » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:23 pm

DeRat wrote:Great looking track.... Be a good family/ Buggy fun weekender thats for sure... ideal! keep us in the loop & when it's opened up we'll bring the toys & Have a look.

Several serious Cudas here ready to play... inc Greg's Demon Turbo Busa.. its a weapon to behold......

BTW, your Cuda sounds HOT love it...

Sure Will, the owner is serious about letting the club come and play!!! At the moment he is a little concerened about lettin others on until he returns due motorcross riders taking the piss...People just turned up without asking bringing lots of other people with them, so he wont allow others on there until he gets back. I have already got his agreement that the club and co can play at least once a month, all we have to do is show consideration and respect and the track will always be there.

Were going up again this Saturday so hopefully will post some more vids ( with helmets and harnesses ) this time.....LOL
mph-goldcoast
Raven

Postby DeRat » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:04 pm

Understand MPH,

The best thing our little club always brought was respect for the landowner & for everyone else attending, we take our fun seriously & have always found we were asked back time & again........... we all have solidly built buggies, with safety being paramount for ALL who came along.

The boys & gals will all be happy to wait until we have the landowners blessing & will enjoy your vids until we get an invite.

BTW, love to see you got your buggy up here! congrats.
“Face it, Love me or hate me, I'm going to give you a damn good show and drive the wheels off it.”
DeRat
Taipan

Postby mph-goldcoast » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:05 pm

We gave the track a go again on Saturday, Its getting better and better each time, cant wait until there can be a few of us on at the same time. 6 months until the land owner gets back, by that time we should have the track in good order, its a bit rough in places and we need to take the bobcat out there to iron out the approach to the jump. A few of us camped there at the weekend, 2 buggys the owners son bought about 6 mates with bikes, we had a great time....

Ohhh the ribs are alot better so strapped myself in and floored it, only got upto 4th with full noise but a couple of the bends are long and flat out in 3rd. its never gonna be a high speed track but its only up the rd and has everything we need for alot a fun...
mph-goldcoast
Raven

Postby DeRat » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:28 pm

Awesome Buddy, sounds great.... we are definately keen whent he time comes to have a look at the track....
DeRat
Taipan

Postby )(.::SPOOKY::.)( » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:14 pm

wow this sounds sic!
cant wait to see what happens with this one!
count me and dad in with the two zx9 piranhas!
"I WANNA GO FAST''
BINLARDIN IS WORLD CHAMPION AT HIDE AND SEEK!!!
)(.::SPOOKY::.)(
Fun Kart

Postby DeRat » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:06 pm

Sounds Great Doesn't It Spooky...........
DeRat
Taipan

Postby lustinator » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:17 am

Is there room for a "Rage" buggy ? I've been waiting a long time to come play with you boys !
GO HARD OR GO HOME
lustinator
Raven

Postby mike 379 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:51 pm

Come to Proston on the 12th and 13th Justin. Thought you were going to sell the Rage. Want to buy a spare diff for your car ? You can buy mine.
18042012(001).jpg
18042012(001).jpg (164 KiB) Viewed 5317 times

Mike
"There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one..." - Joey Dunlop. Isle of Man TT Champion
mike 379
Trax II

Postby Tony » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:03 pm

Is it my eyes or is that gearbox a bit "chewed up" !
"There can't be a practical reason for believing in what isn't true" – Sir Bertrand Russell.
Tony
Administrator

Postby mike 379 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:39 pm

Nah its just cosmetic. Suck out the fillings and need-it the hole in the cover and its good to go.
"There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one..." - Joey Dunlop. Isle of Man TT Champion
mike 379
Trax II

Postby lustinator » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:15 pm

Hi Mike, Yes buggy is for sale but might as well play with it while i still have it. It's just too darn sexy to leave sittin in the shed 8) Mate i would love to go to Proston,but i'm taking the missus to Europe next month for our 22nd anniversary so don't think it's gonna happen this time round :x
GO HARD OR GO HOME
lustinator
Raven

Postby Tony » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:27 pm

So, another broken Quaife?
Or is it a different brand.
"There can't be a practical reason for believing in what isn't true" – Sir Bertrand Russell.
Tony
Administrator

Postby mike 379 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:01 pm

Yes it is a Quaife. Its a spare broken diff that came with my car. Its the old type with bevel gears that was being run on tarmac hillclimbs with big soft compound slicks. Only way a bevel gear is going under big load is out. Im getting straight cuts to gear the new diff down and it shouldn't be a prob.
mike 379
Trax II

Postby mike 379 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:04 pm

Yep you better do the right thing Justin. After 22 years you have too much to lose if you dont. See you next time
Mike
mike 379
Trax II

Next

Return to South East Qld Mini Buggy Club