New Track at Beudesert

All the latest news and chat about SEQMBC.

Moderator: Sean (Foggy) Leggett

Re: New Track at Beudesert

Postby Tony » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:15 pm

The Quaife boxes have a terrible reputation when used offroad, (as you found out).
The Quaife offroad/motorcycle boxes were designed for buggies such as the Rage.
The Rage is really just a super Motard/Kart-cross type racer which is not suited to rough terrain.
So when the Quaife sees intermittant torque loads from small jumps or woops at speed the teeth tend to get torn off.
There are many other boxes designed for motorcycle/offroad application which suffer the same problems that the Quaife does.
It's supprising how forgiving a motorcycle chain drive can be to protect the motorcycle box from these harsh forces.

Keep us informed as to how the new gears perform.
"There can't be a practical reason for believing in what isn't true" – Sir Bertrand Russell.
Tony
Administrator

Postby mph-goldcoast » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:16 pm

Ok Folks !!!!!

The guy that owns the land at Beudesert should be back in 2 weeks time, im gonna try and set a date with him as to when we can all take our little treasures for a spin...

I was thinking of going myself and asking if others could turn up on Saturday the 27th of October
I would appreciate a list of the people who want to drive so that I can go to him with all the info, camping should be available aswell
YOU WILL NEED A 4WD or somthing similar,,

At the end of the day this is not set in stone but he did say the club could come when he is back!!!
mph-goldcoast
Raven

Postby itchyback » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:34 am

I have a 4wd and hopefully a buggy by then. put me down for the 28th if possible. My mate is getting married on the 27th - how rude!
Two Seat Barracuda 2.0
Completed.... except for upgrades, repairs, modifications....
itchyback
Trax II

Postby customwinder » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:58 pm

Hey fellas trying to find out if we can still go to the track being spoken about at Beaudesert.
customwinder
Raven

Previous

Return to South East Qld Mini Buggy Club