Trailer suggestions please

General buggy discussion....

Trailer suggestions please

Postby itchyback » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:42 pm

Hey,
I bought this trailer for $800. It used to be a caravan that was beyond repair, so the guy sold it to be as a flatbed trailer. There is some surface rust on pretty much everything but i will spend some time with a wire wheel and rust converter and it should be sweet. It has no holes. I went over it extensively tapping it with a screwdriver to find any weakness but it was sweet as. I've got to stick some lights and indicators on it, a coat of paint and it should be ready for rego.
I wanted some suggestions though because i'm not sure which way to go with it.

1. AS you can see it has the sink and cupboard left attached at the front (at my request) because underneath is a water tank and i thought it would be cool to have a little galley kitchen on it (probably up to the start of the wheel arches. The wood is rot free and i just need to replace the front and sides (these were originally covered/ supported by the skin of the caravan). ALso i think i would have to build a frame over the top and its probably more stuffing around than i really wanted to do. Would be cool though. How much do you think it would cost to build the frame and walls? how much more appealing would that be to you looking to buy a buggy and trailer? would it tow weirdly having the kitchen at the front? buggy on the back?

2. The deck is 6.5metres long. way longer than it needs to be. It towed fine but it is annoying having the monster taking up so much room in the backyard. I was thinking to shorten it would be worthwhile, grind off the triangle arms that go to the trailer hitch, cut the excess of the front and back and weld it back on. Or do you think its better having the full thing? more versatile (could tow a car on it) more room for your stuff etc?

Im open to your feedback and ideas.
Attachments
trailer kitchen.JPG
trailer kitchen.JPG (50.95 KiB) Viewed 1331 times
trailer top.JPG
trailer top.JPG (59.79 KiB) Viewed 1331 times
trailer side.JPG
trailer side.JPG (71.4 KiB) Viewed 1331 times
Two Seat Barracuda 2.0
Completed.... except for upgrades, repairs, modifications....
itchyback
Trax II

Re: Trailer suggestions please

Postby mph-goldcoast » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:50 pm

A Match !!!!!!! couldnt resist.....
mph-goldcoast
Raven

Re: Trailer suggestions please

Postby keepthedirtflying » Fri May 24, 2013 10:21 pm

Rip off all that plywood. Add a few more cross memebers where you think thy are required then Sheet the floor with checker plate, 2 pac of paint and bobs ur uncle!
keepthedirtflying
Trax II

Return to Buggy Chat