Youth ATV Ban

Youth ATV Ban

Postby zeusrekning » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:28 pm

All I can say is What the F#@K!!!!!!

If you have not heard about this you should be even more upset. I keep talking to more and more people who have not and think it is just made up. But I learned of the ban Monday when our local news did a report on it.

Basically it says "ban all products designed for children ages 12 or under which contain lead over specified limits. "

Which youth atv's fall under b/c of lead in the batteries and other parts of the vehicle.

For info click here and read info on left side about the petition.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/5/2382/Motorcycle-Article/Lead-Ban-Stops-Youth-ATV-and-Motorcycle-Sales.aspx :evil: :evil: :evil:
zeusrekning
Raven

Postby sloky » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:02 pm

crazy
speed thrills
sloky
Trax II

Postby buggy and ATVer » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:35 pm

WTF!!!!!!

THIS IS JUST f#&k!^g STUPID!!!!!!!!

Motorcycle and ATV components containing lead include lead battery terminals, tire valve stems, fittings and connectors made with brass or copper alloys, brake and clutch levers, throttle controls, engine housings, carburetors made with aluminum alloys, steel fasteners, and frames or structural components made with steel alloys."

wat kid would eat/suck on these things anyway!!!!

has anyone ever herd of anyone/thing bieng killed or gotten sick from trying to eat lead from a motorbike?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
buggy and ATVer
Trax II

Postby chrishallett83 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:56 am

I have heard theories that it really has nothing to do with the lead content in the componentry. It is just a conveient legal loophole that the lobby groups behind the bill are utilising. As far as I am aware, the people who funded the lobbyists to help get it passed are the kind of people who move in next to an airport (or Claremont Speedway), then complain about the noise until it gets shut down...
"Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men" - Douglas Bader
chrishallett83
Vulture

Postby zeusrekning » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:48 am

I think Chris hit it on the head. Im all for getting away from the use of harmful chemicals and materials, but like anything else you have to be realistic about it.
zeusrekning
Raven

Return to USA