Piranha or Barracuda plans?

Piranha or Barracuda plans?

Postby TATER » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:56 am

Hey guys.I am new to the site and thought I would say hi.I am getting ready to order plans but I cant seem to decide between the Piranha or the Barracuda.I am in north central Florida and most of the riding is on trails and some open fields.Thanks for any help you can give.
TATER
Registered Member

Postby Azeriksis » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:35 am

I got a Barracuda and i just went out for the 1st ride yesterday and it is awsome i never drove or seen a phrania in action so i couldnt comment on it but the cuda is great so far

Rico
Azeriksis
Raven

Postby Bad Dee » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:51 am

Hi TATER
Welcome to the site, What you want to build depends on your budget and ability to fabricate the buggy yourself. From what i know the Barrcuda had got preatty good handeling over the Piranha and costs more to build and you might need a bit more experience to build. The Piranha on the other hand will be a bit cheeper, not as much handling as the Cuda but still Very good, and is easier to build.
About to start the pirahna project
Raven is nearly done
Bad Dee
Taipan

Thanks

Postby TATER » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:15 am

Thanks.This will be my first build.I have a set of plans for the Desartkarts Panther but it looks like it would be better suted for the dunes rather than offroading.So I have been looking at the Piranha and Barracuda.the Piranha is alittle smaller so it may be better for me since I will be riding on trails and such.Thanks.
TATER
Registered Member

Postby Anonymous » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:28 pm

:(
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous

Which Buggy ???

Postby Anonymous » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:46 pm

Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous

Postby Jet » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:28 pm

its not harder, just takes longer! it all comes down to one of the sayings in my sig!
<a href="http://www.digrite.com.au/racing#!digrite-racing/c23vw">Check out the latest video and Pictures from Digrite Racing</a>
Jet
Barracuda

Yes ! Not Harder !

Postby Anonymous » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:33 am

Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous

Postby Jet » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:57 pm

It may be more complicated, but just take your time and be patient and you will be happy in the end!
<a href="http://www.digrite.com.au/racing#!digrite-racing/c23vw">Check out the latest video and Pictures from Digrite Racing</a>
Jet
Barracuda

Postby Anonymous » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:51 pm

Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous

Postby trojan » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:00 pm

Image You really do like cracking the funnies!

Umm no. Harley's are an image, not a refined piece of machinery.

Harleys are heavy, slow and WEAK!!!! (and handle like a chromed brick). Image

The "Harley" sound is merely a straight pipe twin. Get a Suzuki TL 1000 and hack off the pipes. Fark, even a Toyota Yarris can have the same sound.
Don't ya hate it when you put your heart into something only to have political c**ts who've contributed little by comparison, knife you in the back?
trojan
Piranha

Postby fred vann » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:23 pm

good one {chromed brick } Harley's have a place just not on a edge buggy :lol: :lol: don't get me Wong it would be pretty!!
bama cart
fred vann
Fun Kart

Postby Doug Heim » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:57 pm

Definatly will not twist axles. Too many issues with a Harley engine and yes cooling os one issue but not the only one.

Weight
Power (HP)
Vibration
long drive terrain (if using standard harley trans from bike)
and ofcourse cooling

The only advantage is if you want to run a CVT trans and make it automatic. You still have 5 of the 6 disadvantages.

I can make my RC-51 as loud as a Harley. Ask some who has heard it personally. Its already too loud! And it revs to 10,000 RPM shes an Earth Rumbler!
Doug Heim
Sidewinder Plus

Postby chrishallett83 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:03 pm

Harley = torque.
Torque = acceleration.
Horsepower = top speed.
So it all depends on what you want...
And if he already has an engine sitting there, why spend thousands more on another?
And the engines themselves aren't THAT much heavier than a sportbike engine. The weight comes from all the steel in the frame and bodywork and all the chrome everywhere.
Plus a V-rod engine puts out 120 hp stock. From a 1.2 litre engine, that's not too shabby.
"Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men" - Douglas Bader
chrishallett83
Vulture

Postby fred vann » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:05 am

sell the harley motor's buy sportbike motors
bama cart
fred vann
Fun Kart

Postby chrishallett83 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:45 am

It all depends on what the individual likes. Too many people say "You have to have/get this" which in essence would make things boring. It's the differences and personal touches that make each buggy intersting. If we were all driving identical clone buggys, the buggies themselves wouldn't really be a point of interest. Would make for some close racing, and allow me to get WAY out in front - Ha ha ha! You know I'm good... Modest too! And not in the least sarcastic.
"Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men" - Douglas Bader
chrishallett83
Vulture

Postby fred vann » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:30 am

not with a harley motor you wont keep the bolts in it :lol:
bama cart
fred vann
Fun Kart

Kidding

Postby Anonymous » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:30 am

Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous

Postby chrishallett83 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:53 am

Ahhh Will, you DO realise Tony is turbo-ing his Hayabusa powered Barracuda, don't you? And there are more than a few nitrous-boosted buggies getting around too...
chrishallett83
Vulture

Postby Doug Heim » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:32 am

wow I sure heard alot of BS pour out of some mouths in the last few posts. "ring ding ding rice burners don't have the power these v twins have" Common!

This reminds me of one of the funniest events I personally witnessed..

I use to ride with about 10 - 20 guys on a regular basis. We all had sport bikes and most guys had little 600s. I had a 900 but thats becides the point. We pulled up to a red light where there were 2 harleys in the left lane. These were no ordinary harleys. The one was slammed and built without a doubt. The guy started talking sh#t to my friend up front. Light hit green he gave it all she had as my friend pulled up the front end right along side him looking right at him then pulled away staying on one wheel the whole time. It was fricken holarius! The guy was pissed!!! My friend was riding a GSXR 600. Oh the good ol days!

I like the torque of a Harley but I still dont think they have a place on any buggy.
Doug Heim
Sidewinder Plus

Next

Return to USA