scotland ?

Postby prana-pete » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:17 am

Anyone in scotland building ?
Im in aberdeenshire and building a parahna
prana-pete
Fun Kart

Postby Anonymous » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:16 am

Hi i'm in Auchterarder.
Looking at building possibly 2 Barracuda Buggies.Howz your Piranha coming along?
Do you have any picks of the build and are you building from scratch with the plans or have you purchased and shipped a kit?
Anonymous

Postby prana-pete » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:19 am

Hi you can see pictures of my build in "tell us about your ride"-petes piranah build
built from scratch- bearings -splined shafts al purchased localy
prana-pete
Fun Kart

Postby GlasgowSidewinder » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:02 am

Im in Glasgow and have got a Sidewinder (KLR650 powered)

Its not ready to drive yet as it still needs tuned because of the airfilter and exhaust mods I done when fitting the engine. Hope to get it done this week sometime tho as am desperate to have a shot on it!

Gd luck with the piranaha build
GlasgowSidewinder
Registered Member

Postby andy_sj » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:48 am

I'm in Lanarkshire, building a Piranha at the moment, got a bit of info on it in show us your ride, topic called Andrews UK Piranha Build I think.
Piranha Under Construction!
Progress - Taking Shape...
Build cost so far £191.10
andy_sj
Registered Member

Postby VillageIdiot » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:07 pm

Hi All,

I am looking to build a cuda but am running into issues with finding places to use it aroudn Aberdeen.

I did find the central scotland autograss club based in Perthshire but that is about it.

Anyone here on the forum based in the NE of scotland?

Cheers
Mike
VillageIdiot
Registered Member

Re: scotland ?

Postby HAMBONE » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:06 am

Hi, I live in the Scottish borders almost finished a Taipan for the kids also have phirana plans and a autocross buggy with a 1200 suzuki bandit engine.
HAMBONE
Registered Member

Postby piranna scotland » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:15 pm

im in ellon aberdeenshire was away to order all my kit for th piranna anyon still biling up here
piranna scotland
Registered Member

Postby MrLorimer » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:24 am

hi im from carlisle, on border of england scotland, currently building a piranha buggy with my friend. were putting a zx9r ninja engine in ours. frame is fully built and welded, all lazer cut parts for rear diff housing and swing arms is done. nice to be making progress
MrLorimer
Registered Member

Postby piranna scotland » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:06 am

good to here it did you order shocks from edge or did you find cheaper alternitives over here ive still not ordered my kit from edge but im rebuilding the engine now a bandit 1200 that was turboed by previous owner bike was rapid on the drive home but will order my kit soon got quote from tony of 1700 for all the steals a comlete rear end and shipping if you need anything from thm let me knw as he said it wont cost anything extra to add a few bit in the freight
piranna scotland
Registered Member

Postby MrLorimer » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:54 am

im in the engineering trade mate, so its only cost us so far 200quid for all the lazer cut bits and all the steel for the whole frame and swings arms. But thats the joys of being in the trade and having connections mate. For the shocks and spings i got in touch with a company called Gaz coilovers. http://www.gaz-shocks.co.uk i quoted them the info for the shocks and springs, and it was £110 rear shock each, £85 front shock each, and something like £23 a spring i think and there made to the spec of the drawings. weve still got alot more work to do. we do need to order items from edge like the stub axles, hubs with caliper brackets, bit n bobs like that. just for the fact that it works out cheaper for us to buy them n get them delivered then it is to buy the material and make them ourselves. But money is running tight for both of us haha.

heres some pics of what weve got done so far:
MrLorimer
Registered Member

Postby piranna scotland » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:56 pm

looks really good so far and tht is lucky with the steals im a engineer for first bus so have the skill to do it just not the money lol especially with a new born son and a missus but i just seen a unfinished one for sale on here tht looks good so waiting for a reply from him so wait and see good luck with the build look forward to seeing it finished
piranna scotland
Registered Member

Return to Europe