Mini Buggies Colo Park 20/21st November

Mini Buggies Colo Park 20/21st November

Postby heyu » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:56 pm

SORRA are holding their round of the NSW State Championship on the 20/21st November at COLO PARK and along with this this demo runs for the mini buggies.
Also at this meeting, there will be the oportunity for training of officials for the mini buggies to help make them able to run and promote their own events down the track.
If you want do this, ring no's below
As most of the people that have shown interest in a Club for these machines, will have recieved a letter or email informing them of a meeting in the very near future to formulate and rattify rule and regs for the sport in NSW. If you want input, or be a part of this come along to the meeting.

If you are not on email list or want to be in the future ring me Ian mob 040 777 4348 or Kevin 02 9920 0643Here is original letter from Kevin to interested parties
Sorry for the lake of information about what’s been happening on the mini buggy scene as well as the short notice of the meeting. At the moment I have 29 names down that are interested in forming a mini buggy club. This figure has gradually grown from the original numbers that singed up at our first meet.

Michael Scafone, James Hehir, and my self have been working on the social buggy specifications. In addition, I have been working on the clubs Rules and By-Laws, which will be tabled at the meeting.

We are holding our first meeting of the Sydney Mini Buggy Club will be at the Sportsman Hotel, 81 Kildare Rd, Blacktown NSW 2148, on Tuesday 26th October. Could people email me to let me know if you are interested in attending and if you have any problems or would like to add items to the agenda
heyu
Registered Member

Re: Mini Buggies Colo Park 20/21st November

Postby spoiltone » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:57 am

once my buggy is finished you can count me in on this. would be great cant wait :)
99.9% completed barracuda with 02 zzr1200 are they truely ever finished?
spoiltone
Taipan

Postby Murph » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:44 pm

Hey all it's been a while but i am back in the world of Dirt Grease and Gears. Just dont tell the wife. On tuesday nite I attended the first meeting of the "Sydney Mini Buggy Club". It was a good turnout with 9 people wanting to get involved in the mini buggy club and Ian and Gordan from SORRA came along. It was all the work of Kevin who has put in massive work to get everyone there and to get the club rules and regs together for the meeting. Massive thanks again Kevin for all your work. I think the meeting might have brought up more questions than it answered but it was all good.It proved that we all want to get out and rip it up with our weapons of choice.
We are going to get our wish on the 20 of November. SORRA is holding one of the rounds of the state championship up at Colo Park and we will get a chance to show the big boys how to do it, because lets face it we know we could wipe the floor with those bigger machines.
Even if you wont have your buggy ready to take out for the 20th it will be a great day up there with all the state competitors out giving it socks up there.
So make sure to put on the calender to be up at Colo on that weekend.

Talk later with more details for the weekend Murph.

PS.If you want keep up with whats happening with Sydney mini buggy club go to the SORRA web site and on the forum page there is a Mini buggy section
Keep it on the rubber and off the roof.
Murph
Raven

Postby heyu » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:25 pm

All being well, info for Sydney Mini Buggy Club will be posted ,both here on the Edge web site & on the Sydney Off road Racing website which you will find here below.

http://www.offroadracing.com.au/sorra

go to the forum section, in which there is a section at the bottom of the page for the Sydney Mini Buggy Club.
heyu
Registered Member

Postby Murph » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:18 pm

Hey guys there does not seem to anyone out there. Am I alone in thinking it has been far to long since we got together here in NSW for a blast. Even if you cant get your buggy out on the 20 of this month there will be plenty to come up and see at Colo Park with all the best of the best from all over NSW up there for that week end to compete in the State Championship. Is there anyone else out there who thinks this sounds like an great way to spend a weekend?

Later Murph.

Ps.Everyone from further a field is more than welcome to Sydney for this event aswell Just drop me a line and I can send on the details.
Murph
Raven

Postby Beelzeboss » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:26 pm

My buggy will probably be ready except for the exhaust :oops: Not enough time between end of exams and 20th to fix up everything + exhaust... I don't suppose there is any chance of running again with it a bit loud? Even if not I'll probably still turn up, but I'd really like to bring the buggy out for a fang.

Surely the noise is one of the best ways to draw attention to the mini-buggies :lol:
Beelzeboss
Trax II

Postby BIRKO » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:55 pm

Hey Murph

It does seem a little quiet out there, hopefully everyone is just hard at work trying to get there buggies ready. I will definitely be there and hopefully a few others will also be there to show support of the new mini buggy club.
Murph correct me if I’m wrong but isn't the next Sydney Mini Buggy Club meeting being held at the SORRA track on that weekend also?

To all interested parties,

Guys I have been hoping for the opportunity to get a club going for a long time now. I was looking through some old post's and found 1 I had posted back in 2006 where I was actually considering driving down to TORC in Victoria or race meets. At that time a few others mentioned that a club maybe starting in Sydney soon but nothing ever really got off the ground. I must say that since then this is the only real chance I have seen for a club to get started in Sydney and the ball is finally rolling. There are a lot of guys putting in a lot of effort to make this work, but without the support of those wanting to race or just have some fun on a social level this the club won't get very far.
As mentioned earlier on in the post, SORRA will also be giving people the opportunity to be trained as officials which is essential for the running or a mini buggy club. I will be attending the training but we need as many people as possible. So anyone else who is interested needs to contact Ian or Kevin on the numbers posted above.
Either way guys, now is the time to show your support for the club even if you buggies aren't ready. We have a weekend of big buggies finals, a mini buggy demo, mini buggy club meeting and the opportunity to get his club off the ground.

Hope to see you all there.
BIRKO
Fun Kart

Postby spoiltone » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:41 pm

do i dare get invloved in starting another club ? being so far away, i started a local r/c club :) still going 5 years on
spoiltone
Taipan

Postby Murph » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:14 am

Hey spoiltone sounds like you are perfect for our club. To get this club up and going we are going to need all the help we can get, plus it would mean you would have somewhere to get the buggy out when you get it finished.
Hopefully see you on the 20th up at colo
Talk soon Murph.
Murph
Raven

Postby spoiltone » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:58 am

i dont even know were colo is :)

i in bathurst..

bascially you need to set a committe president, vice president, secetary corrum( which is just a few members) and a treasurer and also a public face, some to contact. once you have done this, and have a venue, you then need to go to the department of fair traiding i think it was, and register the club. as well as organise some kind of club insurance.
spoiltone
Taipan

Postby datsabuggy » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:20 pm

hey murph n birko, im all up for the 20th 21st.. been flat out with work, on the side work, spending time with the missus and working on the buggy (not particully in that order ;)).. so ive missed a sorra meeting and the mini buggy meeting.

i know a bloke with a chinese buggy that keen to come up as well.. so hopefully a few more numbers will come too

progress on mine is looking good (well it will have to be), re farbricating the floor, re mounting the battery, fitting a fire wall.. cut off switch and a new seat and its been a hard slog so far, but she will be done and so far it looks like a whole new buggy.. its that different now. Went to newnes forest at zig zag and it ran faultlessly all day (5hrs run time) and she will be all good for this one.

so lets hit the dirt and get things rollin.

cheers, cam
datsabuggy
Registered Member

Postby Jonno » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:30 pm

G'Day all
My names Jonno, I have just finished building a TRAX II buggy (250cc zongshen bike engine).
How would one of these go at Colo park or is it only for the bigger buggies with a bit of suspention.
Jonno
Registered Member

Postby Beelzeboss » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:03 pm

I think you'd be alright if you didn't go too fast. It's quite rough.
Beelzeboss
Trax II

Postby Jonno » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:58 pm

I will try & find time to drive up & have a look, sounds like a bit of fun.
Jonno
Registered Member

Postby BIRKO » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:10 pm

All right guys i have just run into trouble. I Just lifted the front end of the buggy up and 1 of the shocks appears to have broken and dropped all of it's oil. Trying to find some other shocks off the shelf to suit till i can get a set of edge ones but not having too much luck???? Not happy.... I was really looking forward to this weekend and not sure that i'm going to make it now?

Is everyone else running the The edge shocks or has someone sourced some locally?
BIRKO
Fun Kart

Postby Tony » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:02 pm

If you take the Tokiko centre cartridge to a shock shop they may be able to identify what it is.
Could have been something like a Holden Rodeo.
The top of the shaft would have been cut & re-threaded to 1/2" UNF.
"There can't be a practical reason for believing in what isn't true" – Sir Bertrand Russell.
Tony
Administrator

Postby BIRKO » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:25 am

Does any have the specs of the edge stocked front shocks:

length open: 390mm eye to eye
Length closed -
spring rate-
Spring thicknss- 12mm
Id of eye -

Thanks
BIRKO
Fun Kart

Postby )(.::SPOOKY::.)( » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:40 pm

when u say mini buggies you mean piranhas's right?
i live in qld i use to run at seqmbc but since the club has folded im looking for somehwere to drive/race...
do you guys race in classes, age groups, engine size or what can someone give me a quick run down
"I WANNA GO FAST''
BINLARDIN IS WORLD CHAMPION AT HIDE AND SEEK!!!
)(.::SPOOKY::.)(
Fun Kart

The EDGE Products - Builder Forums • Post a reply

Postby angele » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:35 pm

All being well, info for Sydney Mini Buggy Club will be posted ,both here on the Edge web site & on the Sydney Off road Racing website which you will find here below.http://www.offroadracing.com.au/sorrago to the forum section, in which there is a section at the bottom of the page for the Sydney Mini Buggy Club.

+
angele
Registered Member

Postby Annagyijjk » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:19 pm

I live in QLD I use to work on seqmbc but since the club has folded I'm looking for somehwere to run / race ...
you can compete in categories, age groups, the size of the engine, or what someone can give me a brief summary
Annagyijjk
Registered Member

Return to Australia & New Zealand