Sydney Edge Buggy Class Races Are Finally Here

Sydney Edge Buggy Class Races Are Finally Here

Postby BIRKO » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:58 pm

Hi Guys

As you may or may not know in the past months a small group of buggy enthusists hgave been trying to get some sort of legal and safe races organised for tgise wishing to paticipate. As mentioned in my las post (Sydney Edge Buggy Races EOI) the question was being put to the members and board of the SORRA clud as to the possibilty of having SMBC races piggy backed of their races as an edge class. Well I am very happy to advise that SORRA have agreed to this for the short term but of course with some very minor conditions. Please see below response from Elaine of the SORRA club.

The buggies that meet TORC specifications "would need to undergo a Pre Log Book inspection and apply for Log Books for these vehicles. These inspections can be carried out by Ian Irons, my husband or myself but they do come at a charge to the vehicle owner of $50 per vehicle. We could probably look at reducing this cost if we could get them together or organise for them to come to whichever home is closest i.e. Ian Irons at Vineyard or our home near Liverpool. Other than the type of demonstration that we have been using i.e. no timing they cannot compete until they have Log Books. "

If you wish to obtain a copy of the TORC specification I will need your e-mail address. You can contact me by posting a comment to this topic with your e-mail address and i'll forward them to you.

We need qualified officials so we can hold our meets at Colo Hights. There is an introductory course being held at Homebush on the 17th September is a classroom type course where they learn about CAMS, what is expected of them as officials, etc. The Club Chief course is again a class room type course where they learn about how to organise an event and run it according to NCR's and safely.

Some member of the SMBC have done some training so they can put their names down to do this introductory course or do it online. Once they receive a General Licence they can then apply to do Club Chief or Scrutineers Course or even timing.

Time is running out for the November round if they want to compete as I need to submit Supp-Regs (and this must include details of how we intend to run the event and associated costs), so if there are some cars that believe they meet the specifications they need to ring Ian Irons or Nick and myself to get pre-log inspections authorised so they can apply for Log Books.

So guys as you can see the ball's now in our court and its now time to starting getting our buggies ready. Log onto the Sorra forum for more info.

Cheers Daniel
BIRKO
Fun Kart

Re: Sydney Edge Buggy Class Races Are Finally Here

Postby spoiltone » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:32 pm

come on guys, lets get on this.. it is a a great track and the people are very friendly..

we just need the buggies to turn up..
99.9% completed barracuda with 02 zzr1200 are they truely ever finished?
spoiltone
Taipan

Postby spoiltone » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:16 pm

just found out there is a track near lithgow that would suit us greatly. and we can hire it.

good work peter..

so we should see if we can get a social day up and running? just for us only... let me know what your throughts are as last one i tried to organsie was a fail..
99.9% completed barracuda with 02 zzr1200 are they truely ever finished?
spoiltone
Taipan

Postby Leggers » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:39 pm

Hey guys. My barracuda is prob bout 6 months off being ready but when it is done I'll be keen to come n race.
Steve.
Leggers
Registered Member

Postby datsabuggy » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:37 am

hey mick

the track at lithgow sounds good, when would be a good time?? im good for 2nd last wkend in oct (22/23rd), nov is pretty busy up to nov 19/20 for sorras nsw championship last round but the 26/27 could be good.. Dec v8's are on 3/4, but any wkend after that could be a goer.. sorta getting to the busier section of the year!!! id be in like flin if any of those dates are sweet but otherwise its gunna be hard goin..

with the 19th/20th nov, we probably wont get any time for the mini buggies(mainly sunday), its a massive meet there.. maybe we could hire the lithgow track for saturday and head over to colo for sunday official/spectate, bring the buggies and maybe have a chance at lunchtime on the loop track.. or maybe head to colo on the saturday for a more possible run on the track, stay the nite then the lithgow track on sunday??
datsabuggy
Registered Member

Postby HoldenSS5L » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:10 pm

Hey birko just about to start building just wondering if i can please get a copy of the TORC requirements so I can make it compliant as I build ;)

Shaun

barkerimagesATwestnet.com.au
HoldenSS5L
Fun Kart

Postby Sven » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:50 pm

Hi All,

I am currently building an edge buggy and want to race it. I live in Sydney and want to know>>>

Where are the races?
How Often?
How do i join up?
When is the next event?.

I have 3 friends which are all building buggys and want to join a club in Sydney.

Please give me all the info!
The more people in the merryier right!!!?

Thanks
Sven
Sven
Registered Member

Postby Leggers » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:33 am

Hey.
Wats the latest with Smbc. Would like to be a part of it all. Are there any social or track days common up? Also where abouts in lithgow is that track u guys mentioned that was able to be hired out. Deffinatley interested if there is a group heading there. Thanks.
Steve
Leggers
Registered Member

Postby heyu » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:22 pm

Hi Guys,
Sorry I haven't been to with it of late. Other things happening in life. you know how it goes.
We, SORRA had a race on the weekend incorporating the Sydney Mini Buggy Club and had 1 mini buggy and 3 Polaris's front up.
It was wet on Saturday ,but Sunday was fine and by the end of the day it was starting to dry out a little and ( I think it was Birko)
the mini Buggy man tells me he had a ball, Lots of driving for weekend in all kinds of conditions. The Polaris's also had a ball see pic
heyu
Registered Member

Return to Australia & New Zealand