Sydney Edge Buggy Racing EOI

Sydney Edge Buggy Racing EOI

Postby BIRKO » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:16 pm

Hi Guys

I am trying to find out how many buggies would be genuinely interested in proper off road racing at the SORRA club track under the TORC (link Below) rules used in Victoria. We would need to know how many buggies are ready to go (with only minor mods to meet specs) and how may are due to be completed in the very near future. The opportunity may arise in the very near future to race under these conditions under the SYDNEY MINI BUGGY CLUB (SMBC) but piggy backed off the SORRA club meets as an "Edge Class" type race. As the club and support grows SMBC will eventually look to hold its own events at the SORRA track. This will be put to the SORRA Club members during their next meeting on the 24th of this month which i will be attending as a representative of the SMBC club. Obviously if we can show that we have a good number of buggies ready to go and willing to make the necessary minor modifications to meet TORC racing specs the better the chance we have of SORRA accepting our request. It would also be good to see some of the mini buggies enthusiasts show up to the SORRA club meeting to affirm our support for this going forward and show that it isn’t just me wanting to race.

If SORRA does vote in our favour there would be the possibility of racing by the end of the year, a great warm up for the following year. Guys this is a real opportunity with a great club but without the support of everyone it won't go anywhere. So tell everyone that owns an edge buggy, is ready to buy an edge buggy or is just about to finish their build. Send emails, msg's and text's to anyone who has ever previously shown interest cos i know that there has been a lot in the past but it has gone a little quiet in lately.

If you are genuinely interesetd please post name, type of buggy and contact details. This post will also appear on the SORRA website.

http://sorra.activeboard.com/f506136/sy ... uggy-club/

http://www.torc.com.au/BuggyV12final.pdf

Thanks Daniel
BIRKO
Fun Kart

Re: Sydney Edge Buggy Racing EOI

Postby spoiltone » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:22 pm

mate clearly i am, the next meet at that at further north? i did not think we could bring buggys?
99.9% completed barracuda with 02 zzr1200 are they truely ever finished?
spoiltone
Taipan

Postby datsabuggy » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:55 pm

hey daniel,

looking at what ive got on i should be able to come with you to sorras gerneral meeting.

il also look at khanacrosses for mini buggies which is kinda what we are already doing, just not being timed/classed etc..

but of course edge buggies are needed as that is what our driving force will be in order for proper racing.

mick, next meet further north? not sure what u mean? sorras next meet is in november i think 3rd week, its a state round and very busy, could bring our buggies but being a final round in the nsw championship they have priority.

anyhow il do some more researching on the specials used in khancross etc in awaba and hill district car club as they run vehicles that i am unsure of being cams roll cage approved but pass for safety etc.

cheers, cam
datsabuggy
Registered Member

Postby Rayatswan » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:54 pm

Hi guys, I am keen, I have been sitting back watching to see if the club got off the ground but I suppose if I dont stand up and be counted and everyone else does the same the club will fold

My Buggy

With a little work it will meet the TORQ regs..... Ray
Rayatswan
Fun Kart

Postby spoiltone » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:54 pm

ray where have you been? you have missed acouple of good meets..
99.9% completed barracuda with 02 zzr1200 are they truely ever finished?
spoiltone
Taipan

Postby RDRacing647 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:38 am

Hi Daniel, count me in, although it will maybe June 2012 until my build is complete. The idea of SMBC as a stand alone club is a great idea, but I guess we need more members & volunteers. Piggybacking on SORRA events may have to do for the short to medium term.

cheers
Chris
"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." - Colin McRae
RDRacing647
Registered Member

Postby Rayatswan » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:48 pm

Sorry about that spoiltone, mate I have been crook but I am on the mend now, I was going to come to the last meet but I was just to ill, all good now tho....Ray
Rayatswan
Fun Kart

Postby RDRacing647 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:18 pm

Ray, just a quick question unrelated to the thread, how much does your trailer weigh & does it have brakes ?

I 'm about to register a ex racers unit & I'm worried about it's weight.

cheers Chris
RDRacing647
Registered Member

Postby Rayatswan » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:52 pm

Sorry not sure how much it weighs, it was a trailer used for carrying scaffold, I brought it then modified it. It doesn't have brakes and my tow vehicle is a Nissan 4wd so it stops pretty well but brakes wouldn't go astray.
Rayatswan
Fun Kart

Postby RDRacing647 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:02 pm

Thanks Ray, here's my trailer !, no it's not painted mission brown, it's needs a good coat of paint..... cheers Chris

IMG_0887.jpg
IMG_0887.jpg (152.02 KiB) Viewed 4135 times
RDRacing647
Registered Member

Postby Leggers » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:18 pm

Hey guys.
Ill be finished my barracuda in a few months and will be up for any sort of racing for sure. Ive been building my buggy for almost a year n a half now and im only just realising there is a club in nsw which is awsome So yer if you guys could count me in and keep me in the know would be great.
Thanks
Steve.
Leggers
Registered Member

Return to Australia & New Zealand