Hayabusa Gen II Wiring Diagram (Colour)

Need a spark. All those tedious electrics, lights, tacho, wiring harness, etc

Hayabusa Gen II Wiring Diagram (Colour)

Postby Camel » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:43 am

Men,

please find attached a link to a wiring diagram for the Gen II Hayabusa that I did up in colour.

http://www.wasuperlites.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=320

This diagram includes some extras you won't see in the bog standard diagram, for example it includes:

- Electronic Control Unit (ECU) Pinout details
- wiring for ECU Editor interface (blue wire from ECU pin 25 to yosh plug and brown wire from pin 28 to yosh plug)
- MS0/MS1 switch (to switch between the two sets of maps stashed inside the stock ECU)
- HO2S (oxy sensor) isolation switch (breaks the sensor wire only, therefore no fault code is generated)
- PAIR replacement resistor (gets rid of that fucken octopus)

This isn't the all singing all dancing Gen II diagram for buggies that I've got on the design table, that's on the backburner while I work on the ECU hacking program. BTW, for a very modest fee (sub $100) I can remove top speed restriction and lower gear restrictions on your K2-K7 and K8-K10 Hayabusa computers. All reversible. All I need is your ECU. I recently flashed a stock map back to my K8 and really missed that kick-in-the-pants acceleration that the lower gear derestriction provides.

So, on the stock ECU I can:
- remove all inbuilt power and speed restrictions
- setup an air or electric gear shifter,
- setup turbo boost fuelling,
- setup a nitrous oxide map (switchable on the fly, you simply arm your nitrous, then hit a press button to simultaneously release the giggle gas and switch to a rich map in your ECU - no need for additional aftermarket nitrous controllers)
- switch off PAIR and oxy sensor functions in the ECU
- setup your ECU to run larger secondary fuel injectors
- modify the secondary throttle valve (STV) maps (you ZX14 guys can stick to caveman tactics - i.e. jamming them open or pulling them out. The dyno has proven how effective the secondary throttles are, particularly for low-down and mid range torque. If you don't believe me, I can flash a full-open STV map to your busa and let you taste the difference - I tried it, not good! BTW, will soon be able to do ZX14s)
- setup custom power maps for your Gen II Busa using the 'ABC' Mode switch, i.e. setup Mode 'A' for max power, Mode 'B' for stadium style racing, Mode 'C' for low speed, high torque. When used in conjunction with the MS0/MS1 switch, you can have a set of buttons on your steering wheel that allow you to change maps while racing, e.g. have a 'quick launch' map for race starts, switch to another map as you enter a dry creek bed for mid range torque, hit another switch for low speed grunt on a tight uphill section, then hit another switch to go to a 'save fuel' map when you need to squeeze out enough to get to that next fuel stop.
- tune your engine to suit your buggy. Melt down those brass jets and make a tap, carbies are for those still stuck in the dark ages. Now I can modify fuel and ignition needs using my netbook.
- speaking of the netbook, I can mount it on my dash and use the software to monitor my engine's performance in real time.

There's more functionality available, but I have to get my VB skills up. Hey Trojan old mate, I'll be giving you a call!

BTW, an couple of important points: DON'T jump your clutch interlock switch (the switch that operates off your clutch lever), it will cause your ECU to run the neutral/clutch map - a pissweak single dimension ignition map! The oxy sensor is very effective and helps keep fuel use down without effecting performance; I'd leave it in.

Camel
---
Gen II Hayabusa - ECU HACKED - 300kmh+ No 2nd and 3rd gear restrictions, Modified maps, Wideband datalogger
http://www.wasuperlites.com
Camel
Piranha

Re: Hayabusa Gen II Wiring Diagram (Colour)

Postby hoover » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:29 pm

Camel, I'm Impressed

I think you should give up your day job and work for a Suzuki Race Team mapping ECU's. You definitely have the knowledge and skill for it.

Cheers
Hoover
hoover
Trax II

Postby Camel » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:05 am

Hoover old friend, good to hear from you! Yeah, I'd love to give up the day job and do this full time, unfortunately I have too many hungry mouths to feed, so I have to sell my soul and stick to working in the resources sector.

This stuff keeps me sane. Hacking corporate software and getting some control back over my life. Control to get back to square one and be able to modify a standardised engine (if you could call a Hayabusa 'standard'), to suit my application, i.e. buggies! Being able to tune the engine to suit the modifications means I'm able to unlock the power that is available; and by crikey, there's heaps there!

I find it liberating. There is so much potential sitting in each and every computer controlled engine that we are locked out of by decision makers in other countries. For example, decisions made by hollywood movie stars in the U.S., the Californian Air Regulation Board (CARB) influence the Bills that guys like Ahnolt make law. To make their bikes comply with CARB, the manufacturers pretty much make all their bikes to comply with one country's laws, (as you would, its their biggest market). Laws that say that the engine management system should be made in such a way that the consumer cannot fiddle with it. So there you have it, password protected and sealed computers. Fuckem, that's just another challenge to throw myself at.

There's still a bit of development to go with the Busa ECU, the good thing is that the things being learned enable us to hack other bike's and car's ECUs.

Power to the people!

Camel
---
Gen II Hayabusa - ECU HACKED - 300kmh+ No 2nd and 3rd gear restrictions, Modified maps, Wideband datalogger
Camel
Piranha

Postby Tony » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:21 pm

Friggin excellent !!
"There can't be a practical reason for believing in what isn't true" – Sir Bertrand Russell.
Tony
Administrator

Postby Camel » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:07 pm

Hi Kenrox,

yes, you can change maps while racing, using both the MS switch and the Mode Select (ABC) switch.

Camel
---
Camel
Piranha

Postby Jet » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:00 pm

Camel! hows things mate?
I've finally been able to wire in that clutch switch, So i'm not running in LIMP mode anymore. are you going to be around on the 27th and 28th?
First race of the season, and your more than welcome to come out and watch and even pull data from the ECU if you would like.

Cheers
<a href="http://www.digrite.com.au/racing#!digrite-racing/c23vw">Check out the latest video and Pictures from Digrite Racing</a>
Jet
Barracuda

Postby Camel » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:31 am

27th and 28th of Feb?

Nah, I'll be running around Vietnam. In Bangkok tonight. Laos tomorrow night, China next week. f#&k this. I just want to go buggying!

I've made up a few extra pigtails for editing the ECU via the yosh and SDS plugs. I'll give you a yell when I'm back in town.

BTW, can modify the RAM air maps now. Good for buggies, can get around the rich mixture.

Camel
---
Camel
Piranha

Postby lee_dodd » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:14 am

i cant get the link to work sorry, could you send me the diagram please
lee_dodd
Registered Member

Postby Jet » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:31 pm

Second that!
<a href="http://www.digrite.com.au/racing#!digrite-racing/c23vw">Check out the latest video and Pictures from Digrite Racing</a>
Jet
Barracuda

Postby itchyback » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:49 pm

Hey,
Could someone point me in the direction of a better copy of the Gen 1 busa diagram with the wires and resistors i need? i tried using the one in the sticky but every time i zoom in i cant read the numbers/ letters.
email to itchyback69@hotmail.com

p.s. this thread should be a sticky.
Two Seat Barracuda 2.0
Completed.... except for upgrades, repairs, modifications....
itchyback
Trax II

Postby sam36401 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:04 am

From the discussions, it seems like the Busa wiring is the route to go for GXSRs. My question is this: would it also be the best starting point for a mid 90's carbureted GSXR 750?
Could someone send me a color copy of the Busa diagram. My email is sam36401@yahoo.com

If anyone has a better suggestion for a starting point, I'm all ears.
Thanks
sam36401
Registered Member

Postby mcs7 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:19 pm

HI Camel, not sure if your still around but would you have a wiring diagram for a 20102 Hayabusa by any chance
Thanks
Mark
mcs7
Registered Member

Return to Electrics