Hayabusa wiring diagrams - 1999 to 2008

Need a spark. All those tedious electrics, lights, tacho, wiring harness, etc

Hayabusa wiring diagrams - 1999 to 2008

Postby Camel » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:25 pm

---
Gen II Hayabusa - ECU HACKED - 300kmh+ No 2nd and 3rd gear restrictions, Modified maps, Wideband datalogger
http://www.wasuperlites.com
Camel
Piranha

Postby chrishallett83 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:58 pm

Camel you are fantastic.
"Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men" - Douglas Bader
chrishallett83
Vulture

Postby redhead04 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:08 am

Thanks Camel
I will print this at work tomorrow on plan printer.
Did you have a chance to check out my latest questions to you?
Thanks again
I need to go to bed :shock:
redhead04
Raven

Postby Camel » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:30 am

Bed? Ha! I just finished building a crane for my grey fergy! Now to get stuck into Ogre's ZX gearbox!

You can sleep when you're dead!

Seriously now. I've been trying to finish off my Gen I 'minimalist' wiring diagram. This will help you out with the 'minimalist' components your engine provider supplied you with!

Camel
---
Gen II Hayabusa - ECU HACKED - 300kmh+ No 2nd and 3rd gear restrictions, Modified maps, Wideband datalogger
Camel
Piranha

Postby redhead04 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:06 am

OK Thanks Camel
I look forward to seeing that once its done, I 'm really at a dead end at the moment, and I do really appreciate your help.
The 64K resistor I put in the TOS is that correct or is it 6.4K.
I will keep going with other jobs.
Will fuel pump run dry or should this be avoided.
Thanks Camel
redhead04
Raven

Postby Camel » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:34 pm

TOS is replaced with a 68 K Ohm resistor (KILO OHM).

Connect one end of the resistor to the black wire coming from the ECU (pin # 2, not the black wire that goes from the ECU to your #2 ignition coil!). Splice the other end of the resistor into the B/Br wire coming from the ECU.

For the ignition Switch, connect one end of the 150 Ohm resistor to the O/Y wire coming from the ECU. Connect the other end of the resistor to Ground (B/W wire).

For the 1999 model there should be a Red wire and a R/W wire coming from the starter relay, (later models just replaced the R/W wire with another Red wire).

Run the R/Bl wire from your fuel pump relay straight to the R/W wire from the Starter relay. Place a 10 amp inline fuse between the R/W wire and the R/Bl wire.

Connect the O/B wire from your kill switch direct to the Red wire from your starter relay. Place a 15 Amp fuse inline between the O/B and R wires.

Run the O/W wire from your Kill Switch to your fuel pump relay. (The O/W wire also feeds the Starter Button).

The Y/R and Y/B wires lead to the ECU.

Don't run the fuel pump dry. The pump relies on fuel running though it for cooling.

See how that goes.

Camel
---
Camel
Piranha

Postby redhead04 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:48 pm

Thanks Camel
I will do all that tomorrow
You have saved me again, I will hook up fuel circuit before I proceed.

Once again Thank you :lol: :lol:
redhead04
Raven

Postby redhead04 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:40 pm

Hi Camel
Back again all is progressing OK,did some rewiring today just to tidy things up a little,this bloody fuel pump has got me worried thou.
I put multimeter on it today results were 3.8 ohms across fuel pump plug does that sound OK.

Will removing speed sensor cause me any problems.

I should finish engine run circuit tomorrow (thanks to your help) but wont be able to try a start because my low pressure fuel pump which circulates fuel to head tank (injector pump supply) has sh#t itself, cant get one till next week.

Cheers Camel
Red :P
redhead04
Raven

Postby biggans » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:27 pm

Camel, :D :D :D A big thankyou to you mate. Venom has now had her new busa mounted and all completed, i am alsmost ready to start the wiring. reid and i have looked over the wiring diagram you sent us it all looks good. Thanks again mate. :wink:
The Change is here........
biggans
Sidewinder Plus

Postby Camel » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:04 pm

No probs cobber, glad to have been of assistance.
---
Camel
Piranha

Postby Camel » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:08 pm

Red,

See how it goes once you get the circuit wired up. You won't need the speed sensor.

Camel
---
Camel
Piranha

Postby redhead04 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:11 pm

Thanks Camel
Heres a couple of pics, Pic 1: TOS Resistor (68K) and Pic 2:150 Ohm Ignition Resistor, dont take any notice of the messy wiring it will be tidied up once I get this thing to fire, maybe the pics may be of help to others......I used clear tube and heat shrink, supports resistors very nicely.
Heres something strange, turn on ignition fuel pump relay clicks, check voltage at fuel pump plug, getting 12.8 Volts, bridge pump plug with test lamp (12V) globe has very weak glow???
Cheers RED:? :?
redhead04
Raven

Postby Camel » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:17 pm

Re: the fuel pump plug. Are you talking about the Y/R wire and the B/W wire?
---
Camel
Piranha

Postby redhead04 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:59 am

Hi Camel
Yes Y/R & B/W to fuel pump off injector harness.
Red
redhead04
Raven

Re: Hayabusa wiring diagrams - 1999 to 2008

Postby ad74710 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:45 am

Came I am wondering will this be effective for 2009 hayabusa that have the ignition security?

Please if yes, can you sent the wiring to me
Ad74710@gmail.com
ad74710
Registered Member

Re: Hayabusa wiring diagrams - 1999 to 2008

Postby mjsork » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:46 am

Hi,

I'm starting to install the standard wiring loom on my Barracuda fitted with a 1999 Hayabusa engine. There is some fantastic information in this post but I am struggling to read the wiring diagram so hoping that someone has a clear copy that they can send me. If you do my email address is mjsork@hotmail.com.

For my project I am removing the ignition switch, the clocks and the the left handlebar controls (removing the clutch switch). I will also be chopping the loom to make it fit with the main ECU positioned on the bulkhead behind the seat.
Does the above deletions create any issues and if so what is required to make it work, I believe the marked up diagram gives the answers but it's not clear as already mentioned.

I would also like to fit the speedo from a GSXR1000 K1 to the hayabusa loom, has anyone any experience of doing this ? If so any advice would be appreciated. If it is a no go I will just install a Trailtech Vapor computer instead as I fitted one to my Pirahna build and it was pretty straight forward and worked well.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.
mjsork
Registered Member

Return to Electrics