99 Hayabusa Start Switch

Need a spark. All those tedious electrics, lights, tacho, wiring harness, etc

99 Hayabusa Start Switch

Postby redhead04 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:22 pm

Hi Everyone
Getting into wiring my Hayabusa 99 engine in my race car, as it has been said before I want to use toggle switch and start button to start car.
I have wired the start circuit and fuel pump relay so far, today I briefly applied power to see how I was going??
When I turn on power I can get engine to crank but fuel pump does not run.
I assume it has something to do with Tip Over sensor or Side Stand relay which I did not get either of these with the engine, Im a little green when it comes to electronics, has anyone got any clues to help me continue, Im stumped.
Thanks in advance.... :oops: :oops:
redhead04
Raven

Postby Russell » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:10 pm

Ensure you have a 100 ohm resistor connected to the orange /yellow wire on the ecu to ground (negative).
You will need to provide an input to the ecu from the removed tip over sensor by putting a 62k ohm resistor across the plug in the wiring loom that this would normally connect into.
O/Y and O/B get joined together on the side stand relay plug,then ditch the relay.
ground B/Y on the ecu (going to the clutch lever switch).
I think that's it......
Russell
KLR650 Sidewinder
TL1000 Piranha
TL1000 Modified Piranha (AA front end)
Busa Powered Cuda
What could possibly go wrong?
Russell
Taipan

Postby redhead04 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:33 pm

Ok Thanks Russell, I will see how it goes will start on it tomorrow, I didnt use the resistors, one day I will sort this mess out. Hopefully.
Thanks mate
redhead04
Raven

Postby redhead04 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:16 am

Thanks Russell
Understood most of your message but still a little unclear so I marked up diagram hopefully you can put me right.
Side stand relay ?? cant see it on diagram or am I blind as well as stupid.
I have circled points of interest can you please comment if I am correct in following your instructions.
Sorry to be a pain but I am on a big learning curve.
Thanks Russell
redhead04
Raven

Postby Camel » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:49 am

Hi Red,

I can't read that gawdawful diagram, the sidestand relay is part of the interlock (housed with the fuses and flasher unit). Place a diode in line between the green and B/W wire (as shown in the sidestand switch on the wiring diagram).

If you want to do away with the tip over sensor you'll need to replace it with a 68K Ohm resistor. Personally, for your application. I'd leave it in place - just make sure it's right-side-up!

If you're doing away with the ignition switch you'll need to do like Russell says and run a 150 Ohm resistor between the orange/White wire and the Bleack and white wire (ground).

The Busa has a signal running back to the ECU from the clutch microswitch, this is used to adjust engine revs when the clutch is pulled in. Personally, I'd leave the microswitch in place. It also helps prevent the engine from being inadvertantly started.

Ignition and TOS
http://www.edge.au.com/forum1/viewtopic ... y&start=40

Camel
---
Gen II Hayabusa - ECU HACKED - 300kmh+ No 2nd and 3rd gear restrictions, Modified maps, Wideband datalogger
http://www.wasuperlites.com
Camel
Piranha

Postby redhead04 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:25 am

Hi Camel and thanks again
I didnt get Fuse Box, TOS, Clutch Position switch, do you think it wise to go out and buy these to make life easier, I was going to individually fuse the systems, what do you reckon.
Cheers Red
redhead04
Raven

Postby redhead04 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:44 pm

Hi Camel & Russell
Put resistors in today still need to finish the rest of your instructions, thanks for that.
Having a little trouble with the O/Y and O/B from side stand relay??
harness did not come with fuse box cant seem to locate these two wires can you guide me a little more as were to look on diagram.
When I power up ignition I am getting 12.8V at fuel pump plug but does not run, even if I apply 12V direct to pump still does not run.
Any more clues for a dumb would be..
Thanks again :mrgreen:
redhead04
Raven

Postby redhead04 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:55 pm

Further to my last message,
Put 64K resistor between TOS wire B & B/br hope this is right, also fitted 100ohm resistor between O/Y and B/W ground, am I on the right track? :lol:
redhead04
Raven

Postby redhead04 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:07 pm

Also forgot to mention also fitted GLPRO Gear Indicator today as well installs in 10 mins and works great, check it out.
Got it from Aust Motorcycle Components in QLD.
They seem to be off line tonight but here is a link for you to look at.
http://www.gi-pro.net/
redhead04
Raven

Postby nikitasimt » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:19 pm

redhead04 wrote:Also forgot to mention also fitted GLPRO Gear Indicator today as well installs in 10 mins and works great, check it out.
Got it from Aust Motorcycle Components in QLD.
They seem to be off line tonight but here is a link for you to look at.
http://www.gi-pro.net/

Hi , i am also using the same gear indicator to my Cuda with a GSXR 1000 K4 motor and its working just fine
You can also tune your engine with this indicator
nikitasimt
Fun Kart

Postby redhead04 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:58 pm

Thats right I am going to use 5th gear map for the Busa their recommendation.
Did you have to lengthen the harness mines about 2m short.
Cheers
redhead04
Raven

Postby nikitasimt » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:09 pm

Yes i did a new one but its very easy to do
Just three cables
nikitasimt
Fun Kart

Postby redhead04 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:50 pm

Hi Camel
Here's another one, you stated in your last reply to
(Place a diode in line between the green and B/W wire (as shown in the sidestand switch on the wiring diagram)

Unfortunately I did not get Sidestand switch or fuse box so it appears the green G wire runs nowhere and I suspect it has been removed, so If I place a diode between G & B/W it wont achive anything, will it ?? do you have any recommendations.

Also as a test I placed 12v direct to fuel pump plug and it did not run, does the fuel pump have internal switch to prevent it running in a dry state.
Cheers Red
redhead04
Raven

Return to Electrics