making a push button ignition switch

Need a spark. All those tedious electrics, lights, tacho, wiring harness, etc

Postby Kane » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:59 am

if you have the o/w on one side of the push button start and the y/g on the other (check that the o/w has voltage) then it should at least turn over (if you have the clutch switch bypassed)

did you look at the TOS
Zx9 - Piranha
Kane
Trax II

Postby broujo » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:14 am

I keep thinking there is a problem with the clutch switch. I can't find the dam thing.
broujo
Registered Member

Postby broujo » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:18 pm

Well I got the thing to crank. The wiring harness is more like busa in that the busa diagram has all the wires that I do. I jumped the B/y from the starter circuit to Y/g. When I hit the button it cranks. I do not know if I have a spark yet though.
broujo
Registered Member

Postby broujo » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:05 pm

well i am half way their. i pulled a plug and tested for spark. now the motor cranks but no spark. any ideas?
broujo
Registered Member

Postby Camel » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:38 pm

broujo wrote:The TO sensor is jumped and the side stand switch is jumped.

Broujo,

If the engine is cranking over then your side stand circuit has been dealt with. It is okay.

As for the Tip Over Sensor (TOS) - It will have a resistor in it to ensure the right signal voltage is returned to the ECU. If the ECU receives a voltage signal not within a certain range the ECU will allow the engine to crank over, but not to spark or pump fuel.

The wires for the TOS that you jumped. Are they a Black wire and a Black/Brown wire?

Connect a 62Kohm resistor between these two wires. You'll find that the ECU will tolerate anywhere between 60-64Kohms.

Note the 'K' i.e. 62,000 ohms.

Camel
---
Gen II Hayabusa - ECU HACKED - 300kmh+ No 2nd and 3rd gear restrictions, Modified maps, Wideband datalogger
http://www.wasuperlites.com
Camel
Piranha

Postby broujo » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:22 am

Thanks Camel I am going to check my resistance levels and get a resister in there. I will let you know hot it turns out.
Thanks again guy's you folks are life savers!
broujo
Registered Member

Previous

Return to Electrics