Battery box and ECU mount in barracuda

Need a spark. All those tedious electrics, lights, tacho, wiring harness, etc

Battery box and ECU mount in barracuda

Postby rashid7 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:51 am

Hi guys
I'm at the stage to clean up the engine bay and putting all the wiring harness all together in one place
What is preferred for the battery, a box or a simple mount ? And where is the suitable place to mount the ECU
Can anyone share pictures so we can have new ideas?
rashid7
Registered Member

Re: Battery box and ECU mount in barracuda

Postby Hamish » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:08 am

Mount the ECU etc. somewhere dry and out of harms way, make sure your loom is well taped up and all joins are solid. In my 'cuda I put all the ecu and relays etc. in an aluminum box mounted behind the firewall. I bent the box up myself so that it sits between the frames and you barely notice it. I had a fuel tank behind the seat, but if that wasn't there, I would be mounting the ECU and wiring there instead. If you have a fuse box make sure you can get to it easily in case you need to change. Also, with the rectifier, they can get a little hot, so be aware of that.

The battery was exposed, and i have been through some serious mud and it never seems to do any harm. I just bought a mount from battery world that locks it in with two wingnuts... very solid and you can get it out in a couple of minutes. I don't think a battery box would hurt. I used a bike battery, but I would probably go a bit larger and for a small car battery if i did it again.
It would have been extremely dangerous... except for the fact he was drinking at the same time.
Hamish
Trax II

Re: Battery box and ECU mount in barracuda

Postby Gerosanta » Wed May 24, 2017 2:15 pm

Opinions do not always mean that the destination is always different.
Gerosanta
Registered Member

Return to Electrics